Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Where can I find a SMALL clear polystyrene box online?

Article about: Hi, I read on a tutorial that a good way to preserve jewelry and medals was to put them in clear polystyrene boxes to protect them from air. I'm new to the hobby (just bought my first NSDAP

Feelix
    ?

Default Where can I find a SMALL clear polystyrene box online?

Hi,

I read on a tutorial that a good way to preserve jewelry and medals was to put them in clear polystyrene boxes to protect them from air.

I'm new to the hobby (just bought my first NSDAP pin) and I would like to display it into a small jewelry-like box but clear and closed.

But, I don't know where to find such a thing. Also, do I have to take the air off the box after I closed it with some tool? Can I put it on a soft silk-like material like they do for ring boxes?

I'm kind of lost !

thanks for your help and sorry if my english is bad, it's not my 1st language.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Where can I find a SMALL clear polystyrene box online?

Hi Feelix, using plastic boxes is not good The plastic can cause some metals to react and discolour.

No need to remove air from boxes.

Look here for good boxes to use:

JIC Co.? | Just In Case Co.? - Quality Display Solutions for the Protection of Your Collection

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade
    i use these chaps for the pistol stands very good for revolvers but tha autos dont balance well.very good stands though.
    Andy

Hi Andy, thanks, I have never bought any of the stands, only the display cases, so that is useful to know.

Cheers, Ade.