Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where to find the part?

Article about: The best thing to do is remove the oxide layer, this can be done using a number of methods, scraping with a blade, shot blasting with glass bead, acid washes or a rotary wire brush in an ele

Default where to find the part?

i got that from my uncle who was working at a war camp in Trois-rivieres QC and he told me he exchange these binocular and one uniform for some cigarettes but unfortunately the uniform did not survive in his basement but knowing that these binocular are in really bad shape i was wondering what to do to prevent them to go worst than they are now and where can i find the top part that is missing?
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture where to find the part?   where to find the part?  

where to find the part?   where to find the part?  

where to find the part?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement where to find the part?
    P
    Many

Default Re: where to find the part?

Hi Frenchy, I would not touch them as optics need professional restoration and care.

I will ask my forum friend James to take a look and add his comments as he collects German optics.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks Ade I just feel very bad that my Uncle kept it in that state without doing nothing.

OH! Trois-rivieres Camp! Here two pics from T-R Camp , your uncle is military ?

Pierre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture where to find the part?   where to find the part?  

Yes Pierre he was in the army in fact both my late father and him never went in europe but my uncle was a guard at the camp so that's how he ended up with those binocular .
    Pierre where in Canada are you from ?
    thanls for the pic of the T-R

near Montreal , 1hour from Trois Riv..

great ! i moved from montreal ( Lachine ) to Hamilton ontario 5 years ago . here is so hard to find something original about german ww2 .

Hi Frenchy,
    Ade is correct. These binoculars should be restored by an authorized shop. From the photos it appears to me that you are only missing the screw on eye cup. It looks like the oculars are still there. I actually repaired these types of binoculars for a firm in Toronto. The Leitz binoculars were repaired by Leica in Wetzlar, Germany. If you are interested in getting these binoculars restored you should contact Leica USA, in New Jersey. I received my training in the US and from my experiences they are excellent to deal with.
    You could also try a company Named " Kinnderman " . I don't know if they are still around but they are a Toronto based firm, dealing with Leica products.
    I'm sorry but I don't have their address any more but you should be able to google them.
    They will not be cheap to restore.
    Good luck, and let us know the outcome.
    Regards
    Detlef

?

Hi frenchy,
    I think you've got two options ether leave well alone, or go for a full restoration. The leather can be replaced if require, and the brass parts chemically re-blackened using the correctly brass blacking acid. If you wish to leave in as found condition that only thing I would recommend is stabilising the white oxide on the alloys parts, this can be removed ether chemically or manually from the alloy, but this should not be left, as it will carry on eating away at the metal.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Thanks Detlef i will check the firm you mentioned.
    Thanks Nige and what product would you use to stabilize the white oxide ?

i would love to go for a full restoration for the moment finance is stopping me but i will try to clean the surface as much as i can

Frenchy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast