Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Article about: Rob Great buckle. In theory it could be UE 82 for Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid, although I am certain that yours is the same as Guido's - UE 8 for F W Assmann und Söhne. Regards, David

Default D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Here is a grouping of buckles which have within the past few years, been re evaluated as to who actually wore them.

In my opinion, they are all DLV which on occasions were worn by the early Luftwaffe, as supported by period photographs. In addition, the buckles were adopted by the RLB.

It is interesting that some of the buckles carry RZM markings as well as Luftwaffe marks (the latter on a leather tongue).

I think that there is no significance whatsoever in relation to the various designs and certainly not, as to whether the eagle has horizontal or down swept wings.

One of the buckles shown is probably a fake and I will leave it to the forum members to identify it !

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles

Some absolutely cracking buckles there David, and most in top condition
    Ben

p38
    ?

nice buckles ..

I think the fake is the two pieces one with the roundel fixed by the 4 tongues

right ?

regards
    Emmanuel

Great selection of buckles!! I too don't recall seeing a two-piecer but I think it could also be the first picture in post number three....

Cheers!

Rob

Emmanuel

You are correct.

The "two piece" example is highly suspect to the point where I would say that it is a fake.

What is interesting though is that original "two piece" examples do exist, as proven by being clearly shown in period, Overhoff sales catalogues.

Regards,

David

p38
    ?

thank you David for revealing the mystery

These two piece buckle is often seen in show: very light and very bad finish..

here are my RLB, alu and nickel (no maker mark ) , and my early Luft (Assmann 1936)

best
    Emmanuel

Stu W
    ?

Hello David,

Thank you for starting this thread. It's timely in that I was recently viewing my one and only in light of the ongoing differences of opinion over the level of the wings relative to which agency of issue. Seems to me the makers would have done something far more dramatic than dip the wings in their design process if they wanted to differentiate between them that way.

I was also relieved to note mine wasn't the fake style.

Best regards,
    Stu
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

Stu W
    ?

reverse view with mm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.L.V., early Luftwaffe and R.L.B. buckles  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast