Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?

Article about: Dear Ben The Overhoff as compared to the Aurich. Regards, David

Default German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?

This buckle appears to be original. Maybe someone with more experience have a different opinion! Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?   German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?  

German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?

Really bad fake I'm afraid, there are some of these in the rouges gallery, can you post this one in there with the rest please?

Thanks
    Ben

These 2 piece RLB buckles are always made of aluminium! Your fake buckle is steel!
    Here are pictures of my genuine one!
    Gruß Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?   German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?  

Yup.....first is indeed a repro. Nice buckle Federer!! I also have such an example and it's one of my favorites!

Cheers!
    Rob

Hi Rob
    thanks, I like it too! It´s not my favourite, but a "must have" for every german buckle collection!
    Gruß Max

Home now....I can add pics of my example. it took me a long time to find one!

Cheers!

Rob

German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?   German ww2 luftschutz rlb buckle-mint?  

Beautiful condition Rob, looks like I have a copy of your buckle
    Gruß Max

Very nice buckle Rob and in top condition, sehr gut zustand
    Ben

I do not wish to appear overly pedantic here, however what Max has declared is and with all due respect incorrect by ""...these 2 piece RLB buckles are always made of aluminium...". A very rare variant is known and is now documented (not within any of the reference books) as being made of a composite zinc type material. Rather like the SHD actually and where again zinc examples are known and with one being within my collection.

Anyway, the aluminium example is super and do not forget that Aurich produced this buckle with a very slight variation to the eagle design and these are known with both the Aurich logo stamped in and no markings whatsoever.

Unfortunately I do not hold the zinc RLB, however I have both examples by Aurich if any member wishes to see.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post

Unfortunately I do not hold the zinc RLB, however I have both examples by Aurich if any member wishes to see.

Regards,

David
    I would David if you get the chance?

Thanks
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast