Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mint dlv buckle for review

Article about: Apologies toward my recent lack of contributions within the forum and in particular, to this post. I will hopefully be back in Bahrain and to base, within the next few days. This DLV/first p

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Mint dlv buckle for review

Mint dlv  buckle for reviewI just got this today - a MINT DLV (Deutscher Luftsport Verband) buckle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this very rare buckle. I would like you buckle experts to give me your honest opinion whether this is really rare, and more important - is it genuine? I am put off by the flimsy claw, but never having seen one of these before, perhaps that is acceptable. The reverse side of the buckle is painted a flat light green - almost an OD. I see a tiny bit of wear going into the catch, but that is good. Somebody at least tried it on. Mint dlv  buckle for review

2. # ADS

Default Re: Mint dlv buckle for review

Buckle looks fine and in cracking condition, do you have any better pics of the prongs and the catch?

Thanks
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

Mint dlv  buckle for review
    Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Buckle looks fine and in cracking condition, do you have any better pics of the prongs and the catch?

Thanks
    I don't think I can scan the catch any better, but the top of it has had the paint worn away, so somebody used this a few times.

Much better picture thanks, is the solder around the catch a gold colour?
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

No, the solder is sort of dark - maybe black - with very tiny metallic flakes (I think) My eyes aren't that good, but the solder definitely is not gold! Is this a very rare buckle? I notice there is a liitle bit of over-spray on the claw assembly. So they painted the back after they installed the claw. Is that good or bad?

This is not a rare buckle. It could take some time to find one in this good of condition.

You would normally find the solder on these to be a gold colour, the buckle is not really a rare one but it is in nice condition
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    You would normally find the solder on these to be a gold colour, the buckle is not really a rare one but it is in nice condition
    What does the fact that it is NOT Gold color mean? Anything?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    What does the fact that it is NOT Gold color mean? Anything?
    The buckle is fine, if you have doubts posts some pics of the catch
    Ben

ww2fotos
    ?

I tried every way I could think of to scan the catch - even shining a flashlight on it while the scanner was scanning, but it just won't come out any better. I put a piece of white paper with a hole in it for the catch to try to reflect some light. nothing would work. I guess the dark paint has something to do with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast