Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

Article about: Hi Guys, I have been collection for quite some years now, but not really specific in the field of belts and buckles. I am willing to trade or sell this one over here, but first of all I woul

Default Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

Hi Guys,

I have been collection for quite some years now, but not really specific in the field of belts and buckles. I am willing to trade or sell this one over here, but first of all I would like to have a few oppions on it first. I know the 2nd model in Aluminium, but I have never ever seen one in steel. Did they ever exist???, It seems that it was made by Assmann in 42, to me it looks pretty genuine, but I can be wrong, please your honist oppinons would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	140428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	140430  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	140432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	140435  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	140436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	140438  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

sorry but i dont like this one,,,never heard of one painted blue,,,my vote is reproduction on this one....

Not a fake and instead, a pure fantasy buckle which I think dates from the 1970's.

Sorry.

Regards,

David

Thanks Militarymania, but still leaves for me still a question unanswered: if this is a 3rd pattern RLB Belt buckle... were they ever produced in steel?. I don't know about the colour, but as you propably know the 2nd pattern RLB belt buckle supposed to be silver grey, I have seen a few repainted in blue as well, where the banner with the texture "luftschutz" was carefully removed, and the swastica was still for 100 % intact. The only reason what I could come up with that these where propably used by flak hilfers by the end of the war, because there is no de-nazification at all.

Has anyone seen a reproduction of this type (made out of steel) from this type of belt buckle? There must be, if this is the case....

its a 70s 80s repro i have seen them from time to time

pymwymyc

I promise you - the buckle that you have shown is a post war fantasy item and is not even a copy or fake of an original item. The final pattern RLB in aluminium and zinc - yes - however never steel and also, I with others "recognise" your buckle as one of a family of fantasy productions dating from the 1970's.

Regards,

David

Thanks Guys, I am convinced. This one is going back where it came from.

fake/fantasy,,still the same to me,i.e. not original or made pre-may 1945

Robert

You must admit though - much easier to provide an instant and substantiated opinion on a well known and well documented fantasy buckle, than one of the current and ever improving cast fakes (from an original).

Regards,

David