Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

Article about: Hi Guys, I have been collection for quite some years now, but not really specific in the field of belts and buckles. I am willing to trade or sell this one over here, but first of all I woul

Default Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

Hi Guys,

I have been collection for quite some years now, but not really specific in the field of belts and buckles. I am willing to trade or sell this one over here, but first of all I would like to have a few oppions on it first. I know the 2nd model in Aluminium, but I have never ever seen one in steel. Did they ever exist???, It seems that it was made by Assmann in 42, to me it looks pretty genuine, but I can be wrong, please your honist oppinons would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel   Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel  

Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel   Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel  

Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel   Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need oppinion on Reichsluftschutsbund belt buckle in Steel

sorry but i dont like this one,,,never heard of one painted blue,,,my vote is reproduction on this one....

Not a fake and instead, a pure fantasy buckle which I think dates from the 1970's.

Sorry.

Regards,

David

Thanks Militarymania, but still leaves for me still a question unanswered: if this is a 3rd pattern RLB Belt buckle... were they ever produced in steel?. I don't know about the colour, but as you propably know the 2nd pattern RLB belt buckle supposed to be silver grey, I have seen a few repainted in blue as well, where the banner with the texture "luftschutz" was carefully removed, and the swastica was still for 100 % intact. The only reason what I could come up with that these where propably used by flak hilfers by the end of the war, because there is no de-nazification at all.

Has anyone seen a reproduction of this type (made out of steel) from this type of belt buckle? There must be, if this is the case....

its a 70s 80s repro i have seen them from time to time

pymwymyc

I promise you - the buckle that you have shown is a post war fantasy item and is not even a copy or fake of an original item. The final pattern RLB in aluminium and zinc - yes - however never steel and also, I with others "recognise" your buckle as one of a family of fantasy productions dating from the 1970's.

Regards,

David

Thanks Guys, I am convinced. This one is going back where it came from.

fake/fantasy,,still the same to me,i.e. not original or made pre-may 1945

Robert

You must admit though - much easier to provide an instant and substantiated opinion on a well known and well documented fantasy buckle, than one of the current and ever improving cast fakes (from an original).

Regards,

David