Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rlb

Article about: Here is a real nice RS&S I got at the SOS. This one is just a little bit of a upgrade of one I already had. I'll move that one.

?

Here is a real nice RS&S I got at the SOS. This one is just a little bit of a upgrade of one I already had. I'll move that one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rlb   Rlb  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rlb
    P
    Many

?

Here's the one I already had. It just has a small scratch above the insignia. The marking are better on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rlb   Rlb  

Last edited by kirby; 03-05-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Not much in them Kirby to be honest, both very nice buckles
    Ben

Nice buckles. With the opening of the thread I read : Rlb (Reichsluftschutzbund).

The shown buckle is not for the Rlb, but for the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst I. Ordnung
    (SHD), as well as the Luftschutz-Warndienst (LSW) and as such described in the L.Dv 788:
    Vorschrift über die Dienstkleidung für den SHD und LSW (from August 1, 1941).

The SHD/LSW and RLB are not the same. The first was created in about November 1939 to
    protect the civil population. During a transitional period the regular Luftwaffe-buckle was worn
    (as were also other things worn from the LW); the second did exist since April 1933 and were
    in fact the "political authorities/managers"!

The SHD was in March 1942 incorporated within police-reserves. The old insignia and buckle
    was not longer worn, to be returned and held in stock. The LSW continued wearing the
    winged buckle.

?

I guess I will have to look into this a little more. I thought this was considered a second pattern RLB and was also worn by SHD. I believe that is how the reference books describe them but they are wrong on lots of stuff. Thanks for the additional information.

Super clarification from Wilhelm and yes, all too often this buckle is referred to as "Luftschutz" which it is not. Having said that, it does not help when the buckle obverse actually has the word LUFTSCHUTZ over the swastika!

The version in aluminium was one of the first cast fakes ever to appear on the market with a somewhat limited distribution. The fake is of reasonably good quality, however when compared to the rare original, simple to spot.

Attached are some images of the fake and with three immediate indicators, although not exclusively so as (1), the ubiquitous cast marks, (2) no trace anywhere of a grey lacquer as found on an original and (3), under size when compared to an original.

Regards and best wishes,

David

- - ------- - -

- - ------- - -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast