Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How about a T-72 in Nevada!

Article about: A friend of mine was 4 wheeling in the desert and came across 3 T-72s plus a command vehicle being used for photo recon training. This is the best shot of the bunch.

Default How about a T-72 in Nevada!

A friend of mine was 4 wheeling in the desert and came across 3 T-72s plus a command vehicle being used for photo recon training. This is the best shot of the bunch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How about a T-72 in Nevada!  

Default Re: How about a T-72 in Nevada!

Was he safe?

Hi Gary!

That's one hell of an evocative picture you've got there!!

Soviet - Afghan war '79-'89 yeah...

Iran - Iraq war '80-'88 yeah.....!

Desert Storm '90-'91 Oh yeah......!!

Iraqi Freedom(?) Bye Bye.......!!!

Sunny Vegas You're 'aving a laff ain't cha.......!!!!

Seriously, it could be presented as any of those places and getaway with it! Cracking photo Gazza!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes I agree it is a heck of a picture. I just wish I could claim to be the taker, but alas I am not. Here is another.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How about a T-72 in Nevada!  

Bloody hell!!

Clip out the pick-up and you could sell that one!! You can't beat the states for big skies!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

looks like the hatch is open? did you climb aboard and have a look inside? that would have been lots of fun.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    looks like the hatch is open? did you climb aboard and have a look inside? that would have been lots of fun.

As a matter of fact yes I did! Here are some pics of the inside!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How about a T-72 in Nevada!   How about a T-72 in Nevada!  

How about a T-72 in Nevada!   How about a T-72 in Nevada!  

How about a T-72 in Nevada!  

it looks like it must have been very hot and uncomfortable in those cramped spaces, espescially if you had to spend alot of time in one out in the hot desert.

I have ridden in one of these which belongs to a friend of mine. They are very cramped indeed. Makes a T34 seem really spacious! Lez and myself in the turret.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images How about a T-72 in Nevada!  How about a T-72 in Nevada! 

in 91, my unit found 1 that wasnt in 50 pieces, they had just bailed & ran, so we hot wired it, painted a big V on both sides & top, so they guy driving didn't get blown away, well we kept it 2 months till we were ready to leave, sure enough here comes the army big dog's with M P's they took it away from us & sent it to get blown up at Aberdeen I guess, but we did get back with a field arty gun & a ratty APC, by the time I got to look at it, it was stripped, I did manage to get the shift pattern plate with Russian writing , thats about all that was left, still have it somewhere. your lucky you didn't hear a whizz through the air , then BOOM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast