Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks

Article about: Some of them with interesting inscription, the totally destroyed looks like has got shot from 15 cm howitzer. Anoter one with unreadable ( our German collegues, please help) inscription got

?

Default Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks

Some of them with interesting inscription, the totally destroyed looks like has got shot from 15 cm howitzer. Anoter one with unreadable ( our German collegues, please help) inscription got the 8,8 cm AA gun's shell to the front of the driver's place. One of the 'bunkers" looks like variation with doubled armor, and this tank looks like was strongpoint. Probably Wolchov front
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks   Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  

Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks   Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  

Attached Images Attached Images Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks 

?

Default Re: Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks

More of KV 1 tanks, I don't know the place , but looks like this is Ukraina, I've attach some pictures from the same soldier which owed that pictures.
    If someone know what the town on the picture please advice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks   Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  

?

Soviet KV 1, destroyed on the Wolchov front, pictures was made by the Luftwaffe felddivision soldierin 1944 year

Soviet Russian KV 1 tanks  

boxmike
    ?

>If someone know what the town on the picture please advice

I've been trying to identify that monastery or cathedral from the books couple of days but no avail.
    The onions have been removed by the Russians to prevent them to be identifiable by the enemy air forces?
    I think I have checked Kiev and Zhitomir cathedrals and monasteries but I am not sure. I saw a picture of Germans in the banks of Dnepr, Kiev, and all towers of monasteries were intact in that picture, during 1941.

- box

?

it's likely the "onion" tops had burnt down - they're only made of wood and from the photo it seems the rest of the buildng has suffered considerable damage - incedury bomb? (apologies for spelling)

?

All the German vehicles are from Guderians Panzergruppe part of Army Group centre, will have to check the Gruppes line of advance and come back,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

HistDean
    ?

Are you sure these pics are fom 1944? It looks like all the KVs are KV1e and not KV1s. Again, I am researching markings and I see none here. More interested though in the date of these photos.

?

Thanks for awesome photos!

?

Great pics. There is what looks to be a Unit symbol/marking on the KO'd LKW's left fender (not the "G", on the other side). Any ideas?

Love the set of pics showing the turret blown clear off. It took 2 hits...1 on the hull under the turret, and then 1 right on the bottom of the turret, above the first shot. Scary

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Great pics. There is what looks to be a Unit symbol/marking on the KO'd LKW's left fender (not the "G", on the other side). Any ideas?

Love the set of pics showing the turret blown clear off. It took 2 hits...1 on the hull under the turret, and then 1 right on the bottom of the turret, above the first shot. Scary
    Your right Bill but i just can't make out what it is ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast