Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

T34/76 Restoration

Article about: Hi, I am restoring a T34/76, a long job, any information and help to find a 76 turret and any parts for a T-34 restoration would be much apprieciated, these as you may understand are not the

Default T34/76 Restoration

Hi,

I am restoring a T34/76, a long job, any information and help to find a 76 turret and any parts for a T-34 restoration would be much apprieciated, these as you may understand are not the easiest things to come by so any help, information or contacts would be a god send.

Thanks

Best Regards
    Alex

Default Re: T34/76 Restoration

Hi Alex, good luck with the restoration. A turret is going to be really difficult to find.

What part of the world are you in?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

T34/76 Restoration

Thanks, I will need shed loads of luck, here is the starting point, she is not bad really, need to rebuild the engine or find a new one, wartime wheels and 76 turret to name but a few things, so as I said any help with parts etc would be brilliant!

I am based in the UK, south of London at present, I was hoping to get her to War and Peace this year after an engine rebuild, but then another new engine came up which I am still waiting on, so I doubt she will be going anywhere this year. This one will be a pretty in depth restoration so next year looks more likely, depending on turret of course.

Thanks
    Alex

Hi Alex, are you in contact with other T34 owners in the UK?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Some project! Good luck with it.

Hi Adrian, I'm in contact with a few of them but I'm sure there are some I have not been in contact with, we should probably set up a group! As far as I am aware there are no 76's in the UK and the only ones in private hands globally are unrestored so it goes to show just what an easy project I've gone for...and thanks again for the good wishes.
    Thanks
    Alex

?

I know a guy in Estonia who has a T34 turret but not sure whether he would sell it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

There is just something about being a member of a forum, where a bloke casually mentions that he knows someone who has a spare T34 turret cluttering up the backyard...

T34/76 Restoration

Ha, yes I admire the way things just turn up and surprise us all! We had a little get together last year....you might be interested to see!

Bloody he'll, that quite a barbie you blokes would have, I wouldn't mind an invite to that one!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast