Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 New SA Buckles

Article about: Hi, all. I just received these three much anticipated buckles today and wanted to share my own photos I just took. I wish I had more time right now to share what I like about each one. For n

Default 3 New SA Buckles

Hi, all. I just received these three much anticipated buckles today and wanted to share my own photos I just took. I wish I had more time right now to share what I like about each one. For now, let's just say I'm very happy with them !
    Anyways, here are my photos and hopefully I'll be posting my small SA collection in it's entirety soon

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 New SA Buckles   3 New SA Buckles  

3 New SA Buckles   3 New SA Buckles  

3 New SA Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 New SA Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: 3 New SA Buckles

Buckle #2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 New SA Buckles   3 New SA Buckles  

3 New SA Buckles  

Buckle #3

3 New SA Buckles  

Dear Adam

Without appearing to be the proverbial "spectre at the feast", in my opinion, the first two SA buckles that you have shown are FAKES.

I will of course provide a detailed explanation if you require.

The third is a super and original example which was probably manufactured by Overhoff.

Regards,

David

Hi, David and thanks for the reply. Fortunately the return/exchange for the two fakes looks like it will be most smooth and hassle-free.

Without requiring you to go into too much detail and for the benefit of beginners like myself, perhaps you could quickly point out the "red flag" features of the two fake SA's. Upon handling and looking at these more, buckle #2 does appear to have a very new-looking brass box and roundel. The roundel also appears very slightly raised and not flush with the box.

Thanks again!
    Best,
    Adam

Quote by David North View Post
    The third is a super and original example which was probably manufactured by Overhoff.
    Regards,
    David
    Hello All,

@David...I believe that the men and producer Paulmann & Crone is !?

With best regards,

Raphael

Adam

I think that the first buckle is probably quite period in origin, although has a post 1945 embellishments in the form of what I think are hand stampings. It is not unheard of to find period buckles with dual makers marks, although this combination and the method of application, does not ring true. In addition, the possible "afterthought" of the hand punched RZM logo, B u N to include the unusual dignification of AG and signs of the punching on the obverse of the buckle, makes myself a tad nervous. In my opinion, an original buckle with non period markings which elevates this item to an oddity rather than a rare status. Not one that I would like in my SA collection as "original".

In relation to the second buckle, those grossly under sized solder spots are of great concern, combined with the fact that I know that this roundel design is faked. I really do not think that it is worth the risk on such a "common" SA, as others may be easily purchased where "all the boxes may be ticked" with confidence.

Raphael

I think that you are correct and this is a feature that I totally missed. My apologies. I wonder Adam if you could post an image of the lip markings to your third buckle ? I have never seen an SA buckle marked in such a way. If the P u C mark is there, then this is a first for myself, as I am sure that Overhoff manufactured this buckle.

Regards,

David

Adam
    Raphael
    If the P u C mark is there, then this is a first for myself, as I am sure that Overhoff manufactured this buckle.
    Regards,
    David
    Hello All,

@David...makes you sure the print run or the box ?

With best regards,

Raphael

Hallo Raphael

Ich verstehe nicht. Bitte auf Deutsch antworten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

David

Hallo Raphael
    Ich verstehe nicht. Bitte auf Deutsch antworten.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    David
    Hello All,

@David mein Englisch ist leider nicht so gut...
    Macht Dich die Auflage oder der Kasten so sicher das es eine O&C produktion ist ?
    Oder habe ich deine Antwort falsch verstanden ?

Danke !

@David...Power out of the obligation or the box so sure that it is an O & C is production ?

With best regards,

Raphael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast