Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another SA added to the mix

Article about: Hey gang!! Quite happy to have added another variant to my SA buckles. I have 16 now and they are all different in either construction or appearance (swastika, eagle,....) This one has a ver

Default Another SA added to the mix

Hey gang!! Quite happy to have added another variant to my SA buckles. I have 16 now and they are all different in either construction or appearance (swastika, eagle,....)

This one has a very distinct looking eagle. Nice have this two piecer added to the collection. Thought I'd share a few pics!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SA added to the mix   Another SA added to the mix  

Another SA added to the mix   Another SA added to the mix  

Attached Images Attached Images Another SA added to the mix 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another SA added to the mix
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another SA added to the mix

David.....if possible....any possibility in shedding some light on who the maker of this buckle might have been? I've seen the eagle before but I don't think I've seen marked examples.
    Much appreciated mate!

Rob

Rob

A super SA buckle and one by the design, perhaps not too easy to find. Incidentally, there is another very minor variant to the one you have shown. Whenever I have seen this SA, it has always been with a "dimple back" box and which was heavily favoured by Overhoff. The problem however is that I have seen this buckle with varying grades of spot soldering - unlike Overhoff !!

Sorry - do not know who the maker was.

Regards,

David

Thanks David! Glad you like it and I appreciate you "giving it a go". No worries on the maker....just thought I'd ask! Thanks again!

Rob

?

Hi Rob , a real nice set of buckles you have there interesting to see some of your examples have a rounded swaz , would there be a specific reason for this ie date of manufacture or just a makers variance ?
    cheers Al

rob superb buckle and collection mate!!

have you any dj buckles they are my fav

regards eewan

Some collectors think the sunwheel swastika was early manufacture. I tend to think that they were not the earliest but rather offered at the same time as the other models. They certainly were early...but not the first to be introduced. David knows more about this for sure!
    Glad you like it!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Ewan - as time permits - I will start up another thread with some DJ buckles!
    Cheers!

Rob

Rob

Just a Post Script to my earlier response.

I have attached images of some buckles, "similar" to the one that you posted. What is quite interesting is that in relation to the two piece examples, all have dimple back box's and some have a pin shroud and claw arrangement which is definitely by Overhoff.

Will eventually put all my "Sun Wheel" SA's on the data base and again, sorry for the delay.

Regards,

David

thanks for the extra shots David! One more thing that I neglected to mention was the "bend" in the prongs on my example (you don't see that well in the pics)....looks very similar to the last example you posted! Great buckles man!
    Cheers!

Rob