Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Detail to "upright swastika" SA

Article about: I was recently in passing conversation with Adam and where we mentioned the SA buckle which displays the upright or static swastika. This Assmann buckle is perhaps not as rare as some dealer

Default Detail to "upright swastika" SA

I was recently in passing conversation with Adam and where we mentioned the SA buckle which displays the upright or static swastika.

This Assmann buckle is perhaps not as rare as some dealers think, although it is still an important SA buckle.

Over the years I have seen many examples of this form and for some peculiar reason, the vast majority displayed somewhat heavy wear to the eagles breast.

I recently managed to secure an example which perhaps is less worn than often seen and attached for the SA buckle collectors, are images which show some clear detail to the eagles head, eagles breast and the roundel with swastika.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Detail to "upright swastika" SA
    P
    Many

Default Re: Detail to "upright swastika" SA

nice looking buckle david, thanks for showing it. right off I can't remember but I have seen a straight up swaz like that on something else, but when you have crs like me, well it's hard to remember. really nice buckle though!
    regards Marty

Marty,

At times I cannot remember what I had for breakfast!

Regards,

David

?

Hello David,

this is a very nice buckle. I like really the crisp details on this one.

But why do you think the maker is Assmann?
    I see no specific indication for this maker.

Best regards,
    Guido

I can't really add much, but as said and of course a very nice "upright." A simple browse of the sticky on these shows how very finely detailed an example this is.

I do wonder why these are maybe regarded as rarer than they perhaps are. Possibly because it is said in the Nash publication, which so many have access to and possibly take uncritically, that these make up only "3% of collections"?

Again, a very nice buckle.

Best,
    Adam

Hello both, hello everybody,
    I must follow Guido; this box doesn't look like an Assmann to me, although the roundel does.
    I think, this is why David states, it is Assmann made.
    If you look at the box of the (attached) Stahlhelm buckle, you'll see the same box. Does the roundel look like Assmann? I don't think so.
    My conclusion, Assmann made roundels, other companies used for their own roundels. Who is this company? I really would like to know.
    Buckle detectives - over to you.
    Cheers
    Thomas

and the back: