Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

little help -> SA buckle?

Article about: Hi all, I'm new here... Q:I own this buckle for some time now. Bought it in the days that i collected everything i could find. Since a few years now i only collect bayonets, British/commonwe

NeTTe
    ?

Default little help -> SA buckle?

Hi all, I'm new here...

Q:I own this buckle for some time now. Bought it in the days that i collected everything i could find. Since a few years now i only collect bayonets, British/commonwealth (ex. P1907, P1903, spike's,...) I'm getting short of space now and when i was cleaning up some stuff i "stumbled" upon this one again.
    Hope you can help me, so i maybe could give a place of his own
    Attached Images Attached Images little help -> SA buckle?  little help -> SA buckle?  little help -> SA buckle? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: little help -> SA buckle?

NeTTe

Firstly - welcome to the forum.

There is a reason for my under noted request and I will explain later, depending on your response.

Could you possibly post an image which shows the whole of the reverse of your SA buckle?

Look forward to the image.

Regards,

David

NeTTe
    ?

I think i know why you wait for my response. I have no intrest in selling it, i'm not here on the forum for just this Q. I'm a collector, just like you and i asume you also get alot of questions ending with: What's it worth?
    I'm really wondering what sort this buckle is... If it's a fake (hope not), no problem.
    I was seeing trough all your pics, but after a while my eyes were playing tricks on me!
    Attached Images Attached Images little help -> SA buckle?  little help -> SA buckle? 
    Last edited by NeTTe; 04-02-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Dear NeTTe

Thankyou for your quick response, however perhaps and with all due respect, you have made the wrong assumption as to the motive toward my quite specific question.

The reason why I asked for a full image of the reverse is due to the fact that this style of SA buckle roundel is faked. The design of roundel is well documented as pre 1945, although now we see the quite attractive roundel die stamped reproduced and attached to a fake brass box.

Often the roundel is attached by a split pin or a soldered split pin and sometimes, complete with a hand punched RZM logo.

I am more than happy to show you images of both original and fakes of this (roundel) design SA buckle.

From the last image that you have so kindly posted, I am sorry to advise that your SA buckle is a fake.

Regards,

David

Dear NeTTe

Here and for your information and for those within the forum, are images of the "good one " and the "bad one".

Regards,

David

NeTTe
    ?

Aha, thanks for the information! Sorry that i misjudged your first reply...
    I guess it's better for me to stick to bayonets huh!
    See you around here on the forum.

regards,
    Nathan

?

don't let one bad buckle to discourage you. They are addictive and by reading the forum and with a couple of good books you can avoid most of the known fakes. You never stop learning in this hobby, thanks to David for the comparison

Oh yeah - addictive for sure!

Rob

Nathan

If and I hope you have, the interest in belt buckles - then just rattle off images and comments of any potential purchases - to us !

The premier belts and buckles forum is always willing to help !!

Regards,

David

Hi Dave, perhaps the bad example you kindly posted would be a great addition to rogues gallery and thus increase the info. available to beginners.
    Cheers, Roland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast