Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK

Article about: Hello! Sorry for my English/American! I come from Germany. I got yesterday an SA/NSKK buckle. Material: Aluminium. Like the buckles before. My problem now is I do not know how much these are

Default Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK

Despite what the reference books say, my own thoughts are that these buckles are SA/NSKK Motor and/or Leader School related and definitely not NSFK.

Essentially, pebbled SA's and it is interesting to note that many bear traces of field grey/khaki paint.

Comments would be most welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK
    P
    Many

Default Re: Motor / Leader School - not NSFK

Default Re: Motor / Leader School - not NSFK

Default Re: Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK

David,
    another great part of your gigantic collection - wow.

Here is my one and only pebbled SA - one of my first buckles I found on a fleamarket in the 1980's for the price of a package cigarettes

cheers
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK   Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK  

Great buckles guys! Certainly not the easiest to find!!
    Here is my example as well!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK  Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK 

An interesting topic. As far as I know, there has never been any photographic evidence of NSFK members wearing this form of buckle in lieu of the claw style buckle. Possibly, these were worn by early formations of the NSKK Transport Todt units. This is just conjecture on my part.. The early uniforms from this group utilized a certain amount of NSKK insignia with their uniforms. The pebbled finish would certainly indicate a buckle that was worn in conditions in which the plate could be scratched if smooth finish. I have had two of these in my years of collecting. Both were veteran purchased by me and had brown leather belts attached.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thomas and Rob

Thankyou for adding your SA buckles. Perhaps other forum members may have examples which could be shown.

Bob

It is all down to "the books". An author at some early point has stated "SA/SS Fliegersturme" and/or "NSFK" without any substantiating evidence and other authors follow like sheep, again without anything to support their claims.

There are however period photographs of this buckle in wear by SA members attending leadership and motor schools.

Having said that, there is also a well known period photograph of some little chaps supposedly from a War Orphanage, wearing the same buckle.

Regards,

David

p38
    ?

hello

nice !

I like the alu ones very much !!, so another buckle to find

here's mine

best
    Emmanuel

?

Hi collectors,

here is another variant of the pebbled SA buckles. I've never seen this one before. And it is a good chance to identify of the maker of the first two buckles posted by David.

Christian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK   Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK  

Motor / Leaders School - not NSFK  

Thankyou to all who have contributed and maintained this most interesting thread and thankyou to Christian for posting the remarkable example of this enigmatic buckle in painted aluminium, surprisingly displaying a RZM M1/ mark.

M1/78 for Paulmann und Crone, Lüdenscheid - of course, although it is very odd to see the RZM logo and M1, rather than the RZM logo and 78 (in isolation of the M1 precursor).

I think perhaps that there is only one aluminium buckle previously shown that matches in all ways to the now known P u C.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast