MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nskk

Article about: Hello I was lucky enough to add this NSKK variant to my collection. Three identical buckle showed up recently. Kirby

?

Default Nskk

Hello I was lucky enough to add this NSKK variant to my collection. Three identical buckle showed up recently. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk   Nskk  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nskk

An addition to my NSKK case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk  

Hello Kirby! So - you are one of the three lucky ones.....I'm also one of the three! YEAH! Can't wait to have mine in hand. En route as we speak. These are super nice buckles and not one that I thought I would have the chance to acquire. Now we only need to find out who the third lucky collector is!
    Congrats on this pick up! I will add shots of mine when it lands!
    Awesome buckle!!

Rob

?

Hello Rob Glad you got one. I should have picked up one at the SOS a couple of years ago. David ended up with that one. A rare addition to anyones collection and you will be pleased when you get it. Kirby

Looking forward to it!!! Any general ideas out there who the maker could be?
    By the way: great NSKK display!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Now we only need to find out who the third lucky collector is!
    Rob
    That would be me. I, too, have been looking for one of these for a long time! Mine is also on its way. It will take some time to arrive, but I too will add pics when I have it.

Best regards, Kurt

Congratulations to all on securing what I personally consider to be a very rare, most enigmatic and highly desirable buckle. Almost unbelievable that three identical NSKK buckles appeared together.

To my knowledge, there are at least two variations to the "standard dimensions" NSKK emblem, the method of securing the emblem and the type of "C" catch. I have also seen an original NSKK buckle where the emblem has a decidedly extended and over size wing span.

The buckle appears in at least one period catalogue and I have attached an image from that issued by F. W. Assmann und Söhne, Lüdenscheid. It would be possible to very loosely date the buckle via the reference number allocated by Assmann, insofar as the numbers were given in chronological order. We do however need a near number for another buckle and where the issue date is firmly documented.

Attached also are images of the two NSKK buckles that I hold, together with a photo merge of the two emblems. I am sure that the NSKK buckle that started this thread is the same as the first one that I have shown and furthermore, is the same as that (style of eagles head and NSKK font to name but two points), displayed within the Assmann catalogue. The ears to the box though are not typically Assmann and instead, are jolly similar to those found on some St. u L. buckles.

Having said that and as for the other NSKK buckle, perhaps Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid ?

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast