Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?

Article about: Gentlemen, I need help identifying this buckle. I'm sure this will be easy for the buckle collectors. I don't collect buckles (Yet ! ) so I don't have any reference books. I always assumed i

?

Default NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?

Gentlemen, I need help identifying this buckle. I'm sure this will be easy for the buckle collectors. I don't collect buckles (Yet ! ) so I don't have any reference books. I always assumed it was some type of SA buckle until I researched a bit on various websites. I believe it is an early SA type buckle worn by HJ before they developed their own unforms. I also saw this type of buckle identified as an NSKK type on another website. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought this with a belt and a dress dagger many years ago. The buckle measures 2 1/2 inches long by 2 inches wide. I don't know if this qualifies it as the miniature type worn by youth since I don't have anything to compare it to. There is no maker marking on the buckle. The belt is approximately 34 inches with a nice maker marking and date on the leather tab. The belts feels like synthetic material or rubber & lacks the outer surface. Maybe it was a patent leather type that was stripped off at some point. The dagger is nicely marked but is missing the portepee.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?   NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  

NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?   NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?

I will wait for Rob Lachance to answer this post, he has a few of these and quite likes them
    Ben

?

Hi Aldo , the bayonet is a firemans dress bayonet made by Alex Coppell if that helps any , and i love the patina on your buckle , it looks fabulous , ( sorry i cant help identifying the buckle , but there`s some top guy`s here that will )

cheers Al

Hello Aldo! You have some very nice items there that have been put together. These were not issued together but they are all legit. I believe the belt is a HJ belt. I have one made like this but I have to say that I'm still not sure of the construction. Certainly not the early quality leather used before the war. Nice markings on the belt!!
    The buckle is in fact your standard SA buckle and not the smaller type used by the NSDAP Jugend (precursor to the HJ). You mention the size as being 2 inches....that is the standard SA buckle size. The smaller type is considerably smaller (like a trouser buckle) and the ears on the backs of the smaller ones are always straight. Your example displays bent ears. A nice buckle for sure! Unmarked -as most were.
    I can't really help with the fireman's bayo - but it sure looks nice!!
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers!
    Rob

I should also have added that yours is the most typical "setup" for the buckle displaying the rotated swastika. There are horizontal as well as sunwheel examples that are harder to find (esp. horiz. ones).

Ben, buddy! You are quite right....I do like these buckles and continue to look for variants! There are MANY different types of these. Here's a few pics....one shows the difference between
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK or SA youth Buckle ? 

Here's also a shot of the back of the smaller NSDAP Jugend buckles where you can see the "straight" ears...not bent like the larger SA buckles....

Hope that helps!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  

?

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hi Aldo , the bayonet is a firemans dress bayonet made by Alex Coppell if that helps any , and i love the patina on your buckle , it looks fabulous , ( sorry i cant help identifying the buckle , but there`s some top guy`s here that will )

cheers Al
    Thanks for the info on the bayonet. That helps a lot. The buckle does have a great look to it. cheers

The side by side comparison photo is great, thanks for posting it.

?

Rob, thank you for the wealth of information. I was confused because of the amount of variation on these buckles. The pudgy eagle with the small head on my buckle did not look like SA buckles with the more defined eagles I saw on various websites. Not to mention that some websites have these misnamed.
    I took a few photo's of the exterior portion of the belt. I made an assumption that it was altered but I think i was wrong. Does the finish look similar to what you have ? Thanks in advance for your help.
    This forum is a real pleasure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?   NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  

Hi! I had a look at my HJ belt that is also '41 dated and it's not quite like yours. I'm pretty confident that yours is period: markings look right as does the construction....just might be a belt variant. Here are pics of my HJ example belt for the sake of comparison. You'll see that it's close - but not quite the same!
    Cheers!

Rob

NSKK or SA youth Buckle ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast