Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?

Article about: I see the back of my buckle is different than the one shown in the sticky. I am sure mine is ok, because it obviously was used for a while - hard. But not 100% sure.

schnellmann
    ?

Default Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?

I see the back of my buckle is different than the one shown in the sticky. I am sure mine is ok, because it obviously was used for a while - hard. But not 100% sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?   Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?

No probs with that one - looks like an Overhoff example. Here is my example for the sake of comparison!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?   Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?  

Is this Overhoff SA buckle legit?  

schnellmann
    ?

The device that the belt clips on the buckle with is different on yours than on mine. Is mine earlier or later type?

Yes, the belt catch is different. I'm not sure if the difference represents a different time period or not. Some buckle manufacturers were known to use different catches at the same time. I can't really answer that question - but perhaps David knows the answer.
    If I was betting on it - I would say yours was a later example....but again - that is pure speculation on my part.

Cheers!

Rob

Schnellmann

As Rob has confirmed and as I have confirmed to you privately, you now own a perfectly correct and 100% original SA, made by Overhoff und Cie.

I can understand your concern over the wide catch employed, rather than the more often seen small "c" catch. These are not seen very often on Overhoff buckles, although yet again, perfectly correct. Not quite sure if there is a chronological order between the two catches, although if I had to guess then like Rob, I would say later rather than earlier.

Just to hopefully put your mind at rest, attached are images of an Overhoff DJ which has the same set of markings and the same catch type as your SA.

Regards,

David

Nice buckle and for a bonus maker marked
    Ben