Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prospective NSKK Buckle

Article about: Good score, Adam, I like it! Regards, Guido

Question Prospective NSKK Buckle

Hey, all. I saw this buckle and really liked the look of it....would also be a first NSKK. The seller asked me what I thought was a fair price. Not exactly sure what these or this one in particular would usually go for. What do you guys think is a fair offer for this one?

Thanks for the help
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prospective NSKK Buckle   Prospective NSKK Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prospective NSKK Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prospective NSKK Buckle

Hi Adam,
    I like this buckle, it´ looks very good. In my opinion the price for this buckle is 90-110$.
    Best,
    Sascha

Thanks for the reply, Sascha Yes, I agree...it looks very good and for sure original. I don't know for sure yet, but I believe these might run on the high end of your range to possibly a little higher. I looked around and have seen some similar ones going for between $110 all the way up to $200 (perhaps those are special, uncommon versions though.) We'll see what the others might have to say.

Best,
    Adam

?

Hello I bought an identical buckle at the 07 SOS for $100. I think 100-125 is a fair price. Kirby

Hi, Kirby and thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and offered him $120 all incl. so we'll see what happens. Since your NSKK is nearly identical, do you happen to know anything about this buckle as far as when it might have been produced and if these are at all harder to come by than an average SA or other period buckle?

Thanks again!
    Best,
    Adam

?

Hello The silver buckles are also SA and were worn with uniforms with silver buttons and fittings. On average I guess you see 3-4 brass ones for every silver one. The same thing with marking on brass buckle you may find 6-7 unmarked for every marked one. I do seem to find more marked silver ones like 1 of 4. Kirby

Thanks for all the info, Kirby. The maker on this one is M4/27 Overhoff u Cie, Lüdenscheid. The legs on the eagle are telling...they are very similar to a brass SA by Overhoff und Cie.

Adam

Great looking buckle! Nice to see it with markings: not that common on these SA/NSKK buckles!

Rob

Default Overhoff SA

Good looking buckle Adam and I think that all of your questions have already been answered.

The buckle as confirmed is SA and not NSKK and furthermore, the EXACT design seems to be exclusive to Overhoff.

Hope that it eventually finds a home in your collection.

Regards,

David

Hey, guys. Just received this buckle in the mail today and wanted to post some of my own photos. Apologies that they're not in better/natural light (I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post!) but I hope they do the buckle even better justice than the seller's original pictures. Happy with this one...thanks for all the input.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prospective NSKK Buckle   Prospective NSKK Buckle  

Prospective NSKK Buckle   Prospective NSKK Buckle  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast