Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question - SA Belts one Colour only ?

Article about: Alec The forums pleasure - as always. Looking forward to images of your newly acquired SchuPo KS. Regards, David

Default Re: Question - SA Belts one Colour only ?

Alec

The forums pleasure - as always.

Looking forward to images of your newly acquired SchuPo KS.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question - SA Belts one Colour only ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Question - SA Belts one Colour only ?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Question - I've always thought the correct matching SA belt to a SA buckle had a dark brown colour. I see dealers offering SA buckles with much darker coloured belts, much the same colour as Heer belts. Were they worn so? SA buckle & heer belts or are dealers mixing the two.
    Regards
    Just to add to what David said, we need to remember that most SA men came from the "lower strata" of society and the vast majority had to provide for their own uniform. So, any "brown" belt would have been just fine, never mind whether it came from a party-licenced shop or was discarded by granddad.

On a different plane, a buckle and a belt are easily separated or conjoined. Unless there is an unbroken chain of evidence, one will never know whether a particular buckle and belt combo have been united in happy conjugal unity from when the original owner lost possession or whether the two were combined at some later date. Regarding pricing, I personally would rate buckle and belt separately and if the belt doesn't have some distinguishing features of its own, like rare markings etc., I would not expect to pay a premium just because the buckle is attached to any old belt. Just my thoughts of course.

Best regards
    Kurt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2