Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.A. with RZM 24, O & C and ges. gesch. !!!

Article about: Here are images of what I think many collectors regard as perhaps the instantly recognisable and "signature" design SA buckle by Overhoff und Cie. A classic design to what is a qui

Default S.A. with RZM 24, O & C and ges. gesch. !!!

Here are images of what I think many collectors regard as perhaps the instantly recognisable and "signature" design SA buckle by Overhoff und Cie.

A classic design to what is a quite common buckle.

What is interesting though is the odd combination of markings as RZM 24, O & C, ges. gesch., as opposed to the more often encountered and seen RZM 24 in isolation.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. with RZM 24, O & C and ges. gesch. !!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: S.A. with RZM 24, O & C and ges. gesch. !!!

?

David, your twice marked buckle is very interesting!
    I never observed these two markings on a buckle at the same time.
    I think the shape of the RZM 24 marking is also quite unusual, as we normally used to see the the big RZM 24.
    Are there other known box buckles with the small marking? I know only the nickle silver SS officers buckle.

Regards,
    Guido

Guido

Thankyou for your comments and I too think that the markings to this otherwise common SA buckle are quite unusual.

As far as the first series RZM mark for Overhoff is concerned, you are quite correct. We tend to see the large RZM 24 (often on SA's) and the small RZM 24 (often on SA leaders).

There is of course a "third", being RZM 24 stamped on the claws of certain Overhoff buckles.

I think the SA buckle that I have shown is yet again, just displaying another variation of the style and size of the RZM 24 marks. For myself, I like the combination of the machine stamped O & C ges. gesch. with the post production and hand stamped, RZM 24. Possibly a momentary panic measure by Overhoff and in order not to fall foul of the then, newly introduced RZM regulations.

Regards,

David

p38
    ?

hello

very interesting buckle !

double marking...and "little" rzm 24 ..

thank you to share it David

best
    Emmanuel

Default 24

"24"