Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA

Article about: Hello , another pickup from Kassel . Not the best , but please opinions .......

Default SA

Hello ,

another pickup from Kassel .

Not the best , but please opinions .......

SASA
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA

An original SA of course and whilst perhaps not being in the best condition, it is still and in my opinion a good example to hold. Perhaps worthy of mention is that there is an SA buckle by Overhoff which has by a casual glance, a very similar design of roundel. The Overhoff roundel design is however different to the one shown and furthermore, is much more common to the one shown.

Regards,

David

A design of SA that I quite like. As I know Markus is interested in trying to identify SA makers, I will say that I have seen this design in 1-piece construction and marked RZM 72. Attached is the example I hold and which is nickel over steel. Also attached is, I believe, the Overhoff design that David mentions. Contrary to what you say, David in my collecting experience this design has been less commonly encountered than the former. Both great designs and which are certainly in the same stylistic vein.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA   SA  

SA  

Thankyou for the response Adam and you have shown the Overhoff buckle that I was alluding to. Really quite similar buckles, although of course the Overhoff has the very distinctive feature of quadrilateral groupings of acorns within the lower oak leaf wreath. I have never seen a marked example of this buckle though. On a quite personal basis and I apologise for the clumsy subjectivity, over the years I think that I have seen one buckle as per the thread starter against say three of the Overhoff style.

Regards,

David

Hello David and Adam,

I also have noticed the similarity to a variant Overhoff. But there are some minor differences.
    Oak leaves, feathers and body.
    Striking are also the pointed ears of my buckle.
    All these points were reasons for me to buy, despite the not so great condition.
    I thank you for your comments.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175