Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA added to the mix...

Article about: Hey gang! Got myself a couple of buckles before the holidays (X-mas gift to myself! hahaha). This one arrived today - nothing too spectacular but an eagle variant that I did not have with my

Default SA added to the mix...

Hey gang! Got myself a couple of buckles before the holidays (X-mas gift to myself! hahaha). This one arrived today - nothing too spectacular but an eagle variant that I did not have with my other SA's. Swastika also looks a little "off" center or "tilted" too....but perhaps that is just me.
    Cheers gang...the other buckle I'm waiting on....oh mama...can't wait!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA added to the mix...   SA added to the mix...  

SA added to the mix...   SA added to the mix...  

SA added to the mix...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA added to the mix...
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA added to the mix...

Forgot to add this pic of it along with my other SA's.........all different in either construction or eagle/swastika design. Gotta love collecting SA's....
    So many variants out there!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA added to the mix...  

Nice SA, Rob! A recent estand pick-up I wonder? Also nice you see your collection. I love the SA's as well (as you know)...such variety. I've posted some of my recent pick-ups in the sticky threads.

Best,
    Adam

Thanks Adam! I actually acquired this buckle off the E-stand from another collector at a very nice price....got in just in time too. Looks like the Ric was also interested but I got in first.
    Glad you like it buddy - yes, the SA are a very interesting lot of buckles to collect!
    I did see yours as well....You've been doing very well lately! Gotta love it!

Cheers!

Rob

A very nice collection! Here's my one and only.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA added to the mix... 

Nice! I love the sunwheel swastikas!

Rob

Thanks lach, from what I understand, these were early buckles?

I can't really answer that...some collectors believe that the sunwheel swastika was on the first introduced SA buckles....but I think the sunwheel and the rotated swastikas were both introduced at the same time. I think the horizontal swastika came afterwards but did not "stick"...perhaps because of the SS association with that style of swastika?
    Hard for me to say for sure - perhaps others can chime in with a more precise answer.
    Glad you like the few sa's that I do have. Always looking for more!

Rob