Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA belt & buckle

Article about: Good evening gentlemen Last year I bought this SA buckle and brown belt. Maybe they belong together, but who knows for sure...! What do you think...is the belt an original?! I´ve never seen

Default SA belt & buckle

Good evening gentlemen
    Last year I bought this SA buckle and brown belt. Maybe they belong together, but who knows for sure...! What do you think...is the belt an original?! I´ve never seen another example.
    Gruß Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA belt & buckle   SA belt & buckle  

SA belt & buckle   SA belt & buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA belt & buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA belt & buckle

No problems with the buckle Max, although perhaps displaying not the prettiest of eagles. As for the strap, well anything is possible. These brass catches which are applied with two rivets were readily available then, as they are now and on occasions, a buckle was actually sold with one attached by a piece of string! Perhaps you are showing an Imperial or early Weimar period strap that has been shortened and modified by the new owner? May the forum have the benefit of images toward the whole of the strap?

Regards,

David

Hi David
    thanks for your opinion!
    the belt has not been shortened, you can see a stamp at the end of the belt...95!
    The most important thing is, that this belt was made during WW1/WW2, like you started, anything is possible. If Weimar or TR doesn´t matter, nobody can tell this for sure.
    Gruß Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA belt & buckle  

Max - have you measured the strap? Is it 950 mm in full length? - Regards, David

Exact 950 mm, +/- 3 mm!
    Gruß Max

I think the strap is period Max to be honest
    Ben

My example showing this rather chubby eagle. I do like the open beak of this design...

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA belt & buckle   SA belt & buckle