Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Belt/Buckle Original?

Article about: Greetings everyone, My buddy bought this SA belt at the SoS a couple years ago, and I was thinking about getting it from him. The price is definitely right, but I wanted to make sure the the

RZM
    ?

Default SA Belt/Buckle Original?

Greetings everyone,

My buddy bought this SA belt at the SoS a couple years ago, and I was thinking about getting it from him. The price is definitely right, but I wanted to make sure the the belt and buckle were original before I pulled the trigger on it. Opinions? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Belt/Buckle Original?   SA Belt/Buckle Original?  

SA Belt/Buckle Original?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Belt/Buckle Original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Belt/Buckle Original?
    P
    Many

Buckle is fine and for me a nice variant, maybe Markus or David North will give you a maker, the belt looks like an imperial one, is the hook made of brass?
    Ben

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info Ben! The soft details on the eagle were what concerned me a bit. Yes, the hook is brass. I thought that was strange since the majority of SA belts I've seen have a hook that is riveted to the belt.

I like it!.....

?

Nice buckle has a great patina to it.

A really super SA buckle and one by the roundel design which is now both highly collectible and highly sought after. No problems whatsoever, although I do not have a clue as to who the maker may have been.

Perhaps unlikely that the leather strap shown is original to the buckle. Looks rather like an "up market" black strap (FAD or Der Stahlhelmbund as two possible candidates) and also, the catch type is a tad unusual for SA. The boys from the SA however were often forced to mix and match due to of course the staggering pecuniary constraints of the mid 1920's.

Regards,

David

RZM
    ?

Thanks again for the input. What would be a good price to pay for such a piece?