Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA brass buckle - is it a fake?

Article about: I have been offered this buckle, but am not sure if it is a fake. I thought the prongs should be more pointed, rather than having a 'clipped' look, but see some fairly similar on the sticky.

?

Default SA brass buckle - is it a fake?

I have been offered this buckle, but am not sure if it is a fake. I thought the prongs should be more pointed, rather than having a 'clipped' look, but see some fairly similar on the sticky. Aslo there is no makers mark in the centre? Your thoughts please. (sorry, these are the best pics the seller could take).

Cheers,
    Alistair

SA brass buckle - is it a fake?SA brass buckle - is it a fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA brass buckle - is it a fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA brass buckle - is it a fake?

Alistair, from the pics provided the buckle looks ok to me, I would like a better pic of the roundel, I am sure David will let you know when he reads this thread
    Ben

BTW have you looked at this thread? It may help

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...stika-10815-3/
    Ben

Hi, guys. I like joining-in on the SA threads Like Ben said, I think it's a nice original... David is an authority here and will tell you more about it. As I don't think he will mind, I've extracted an image of an SA that David holds and which he kindly contributed to that sticky thread that Ben gave you the link to. I believe it is the same design as your's and also with a silver-washed roundel. It'd be nice if your buckle was period marked on the reverse somehow but it is my understanding that most often they are not. A really nice design and buckle in my eyes!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA brass buckle - is it a fake?  

Not many SA buckles were maker marked
    Ben

I too like the buckle and completely agree that most SA were not marked. I only have a few with markings....I like the buckle shown. I think it's original.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Hi guys, just playing and trying to work out how many SA buckles were maker marked, if any one has any input or comments please add, I have just whipped through these so some maybe incorrect but here goes

RZM 45 - Linden & Funk
    OC Ges Gech - Overhoff & Cie
    PuC - Paulmann & Crone
    RZM 1 - Hellenbach Meyer & Francke
    RZM 63 - Steinhaur & Luck
    ST & T - Steinhaur & Luck
    LuF - Linden & Funk
    RZM 36 - Berge & Nolte
    RZM 24 - Overhoff & Cie
    RZM 50 - Richard Seiper & Sohne
    RZM 72 - Paul Cramer
    RZM 51 - Noelle & Hueck
    UE82 - Steinhaur & Luck
    UE117 - Berge & Nolte
    RZM M4/30 - Berge & Nolte
    RZM M4 27 - Overhoff & Cie
    RZM 59 - Paul Cramer

Like I said guys, these are from what is marked on the SA buckles from the SA threads on the forum, if you know more or disagree with any please join in
    Ben

Great idea, Ben! Very nice to have a compiled list of the known maker markings from the SA's on the forum. Thanks for doing this

Best,
    Adam

?

Thanks guys, it's on its way with a NSDAP eagle stickpin and HJ badge and a fair price too. You are the best! A good time to support the Forum fundraiser I think!

Dear Alistair

My apologies for coming in so late on this one. Having said that, fellow forum members have answered your question as I would have done. It is an original SA buckle and jolly nice at that. An uncommon design of eagle and swastika and a buckle that I think would sit very well in any collection.

A good find.

Look forward to some close up images when the buckle is in your hands.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast