Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA brass and steel

Article about: Hello. One of my favorite buckles from the collection I purchased. Kirby

?

Default SA brass and steel

Hello. One of my favorite buckles from the collection I purchased. Kirby

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA brass and steel
    P
    Many

?

SA brass and steel

SA brass and steel

Default Re: SA brass and steel

Nevermind it just appeared lol (picture was not there when I viewed it)
    It is interesting, can you post another picture at an angle to show how the steel is inlayed thanks

Very nice and rare steel back, this chap had some colection!
    Ben

?

First thread I have loaded from my phone. Hope it looks good. I will get the other shot when I get home. The steel back makes this buckle weigh at least twice as much as a normal SA.

Some Technology never ceases to amaze me. Well done and the pics are superb. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What an odd and bizarre construction. Did they worry about the brass not holding up and being strong enough, that they felt it needed to add the large steel backplate? Of course, it does contain the catch, but you would have thought it simpler and cheaper to just touch weld on a loop.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by kirby View Post
    First thread I have loaded from my phone. Hope it looks good. I will get the other shot when I get home. The steel back makes this buckle weigh at least twice as much as a normal SA.
    Wow, good pic from a phone!
    Ben

?

These new phones are great. I found an infantry assault badge at a show last week. I'm not a badge guy but I just searched WFA for a IAB marked CW. Did a side by side comparison and it was a good . It's great having the forums at your finger tips.

I have two Kirby, I have an Iphone 4 and my work phone it a HTC HD7 but never use them for the forum lol
    Ben