Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA buckle help.

Article about: Hello was wondering if someone can chime in on this one I pruchased . Thanks in advance.

Default SA buckle help.

Hello was wondering if someone can chime in on this one I pruchased . Thanks in advance. SA buckle help.SA buckle help.SA buckle help.SA buckle help.SA buckle help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA buckle help.
    P
    Many

I do not like this. I do not know about the roundel but one solder point and and a prong system that looks like it was made yesterday.......

Can i post a better picture to make sure? This one was from a better source . Was hoping it would be real..

I agree with Wewelsburg. I am not 100% convinced that these two pieces belong together.. It appears that the SA emblem was removed from one buckle and reattached to anther one. The aging looks off, it is not evenly aged in my opinion from the SA emblem to the buckle. I am also not too keen on the single solder point. I am used to seeing two solder marks.

Smitty

I dont like the single solder point either, I also dont like the prongs and prong sleeve, post war IMO
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I dont like the single solder point either, I also dont like the prongs and prong sleeve, post war IMO
    Just looking over the pictures of the "real ones" what would this solder point be considered ?
    Attached Images Attached Images SA buckle help. 

In order to give a more educated answer in reference to the back of the buckle that you posted, is this an SA buckle???, and from what source are you stating this a "real one" ??. A picture of the front of the buckle would help..

Help us all to learn by adding some more information.. We want to help you..

Smitty

Take a look at some of the fake SA buckles here.. Take a look at post # 7 and again at post # 12. The prongs were spot welded but in the case of your buckle, those prongs could have been cut and a single spot weld applied...

Fake SA Buckles

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    In order to give a more educated answer in reference to the back of the buckle that you posted, is this an SA buckle, and from what source are you stating this a "real one". A picture of the front of the buckle would help..

Smitty
    The "real" SA section on this forum..SA Buckles (Brass) Sun Wheel Swastika post #19

The buckle that you posted is not a sun wheel swastika.

Smitty

I see the color difference on the prong system. Not brass at all more of a regular metal. But as for the buckle itself still holding out for a little hope, not ready to throw in the towel in just yet. .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA buckle help.   SA buckle help.  

SA buckle help.  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast