Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika

Article about: Hi guys, as a forum we have agreed to to start various fixed threads on the vast array SA (Sturm Abteilung) buckles. Please post any Brass SA buckles with the mobile Swastika. There are lots

Default Re: SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika

Recent pickup :

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile SwastikaSA Buckles (Brass) Mobile SwastikaSA Buckles (Brass) Mobile SwastikaSA Buckles (Brass) Mobile SwastikaSA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika
    P
    Many

Marked RZM UE 140 for Wilhelm Schröder & Co., Lüdenscheid
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

New "Dog Head" variant with nickle silver roundel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

Interesting buckle Adam, I have never seen a "Dogs Head" with a silver roundel, good catch mate
    Ben

Dear Ben,

Ridiculously late though I am responding here I thank you you for your comments on my "Dog Head" SA. I too had never before seen a nickel roundel featuring the '"rotated" swastika. These are rare SA to be sure and perhaps my favorite design. Attached here is my current dog trio. By my count I have at least two more of these to find: 1) The more commonly seen (by me at least) brass-on-brass "sunwheel" and 2) the nickel-over-brass sunwheel...the likes of which recently made it's way into Rob's enviable collection one I would have, as you say, bit an arm off to up to the elbow for Part of the difficulty is also finding these at reasonable and sane prices (seen the CG website lately?!)

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

Another more recent arrival and one that I feel is pretty special. So far I have only seen this design once and in 1-piece construction (David's)...never in 2-piece. For me the buckle has a distinct early feel to it. The design also has an almost childlike quality to it and a sort of "bat boy" appearance.

?

Hi guys,

Bare with me on what may seem like a silly question.
    My own sphere of knowledge doesnot include these buckles, however, I have seen what I believe to be one, similar to, if not the same as, a couple of the buckles in this thread.
    Are there any specific things that I should be looking for to confirm genuine or not. Also, what sort of price should I be looking at? (GBP) I appreciate that cost will obviously depend on condition etc
    I am used to reading about maker marks etc, but, looking through this section, I have noticed a lot donot have any obvious markers shown/visible. I have already had an "in hand" look at the buckle in question, in good lighting, and can see no obvious markers anywhere.

I can nip back to the place where I saw it and I am sure that they will let me take some photos if I ask politely and explain why, (they didnt have any objections to me handling the buckle or a couple of other items that I was interested in)

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hello Ian,

It is difficult to give sound advice without photos of the particular buckle in question. There is such a wide array of designs with these buckles and some rarer than others. As you say, condition also factors into value, etc. however it will ultimately be what it is worth to you. Maker marked examples are rarer and, thus, usually command higher prices although for the right & rare design, so do unmarked pieces. In my opinion, more standard/common types in average condition might reasonably be priced anywhere from 45 GBP to 75 GBP. If your buckle is of 2-piece construction a couple red flags would be 3 vertically aligned solder points or very small solder points. Crudely cut prongs can also sometimes be a warning.

If there is one in this thread that you thnk is a match to the one you saw then please reference it for us and that will help. Of course photos of the buckle in question are really needed to give the best assessment. Hope that helps

Best,
    Adam

?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Hello Ian,

It is difficult to give sound advice without photos of the particular buckle in question. There is such a wide array of designs with these buckles and some rarer than others. As you say, condition also factors into value, etc. however it will ultimately be what it is worth to you. Maker marked examples are rarer and, thus, usually command higher prices although for the right & rare design, so do unmarked pieces. In my opinion, more standard/common types in average condition might reasonably be priced anywhere from 45 GBP to 75 GBP. If your buckle is of 2-piece construction a couple red flags would be 3 vertically aligned solder points or very small solder points. Crudely cut prongs can also sometimes be a warning.

If there is one in this thread that you thnk is a match to the one you saw then please reference it for us and that will help. Of course photos of the buckle in question are really needed to give the best assessment. Hope that helps

Best,
    Adam
    Thanks for that Adam, thats all given me a few pointers to look out for.
    I will try and nip back to the shop where I saw the buckle sometime over the next couple of days and get some photos then get them posted up on here.
    If its a "good one" I might just be able to persuade the wife to buy it me for my birthday (27th December!)
    Price wise, I think it was up for about £50 GBP, but I may be able to talk them down a bit if its genuine and they don't know for definate what it is

Same place also has a K98 bayonet with scabbard and frog but that is in an awful condition and no visible numbers etc, its that badly rust pitted and marked. They also have, what they are describing as a WWI EK1, which I also need to get some photos of and post on the forum for some advice.

Once again, thanks

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 12-21-2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

Ian you should be able to knock him down to at least £45 if not £40
    Ben

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast