Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika

Article about: Hi guys, as a forum we have agreed to to start various fixed threads on the vast array SA (Sturm Abteilung) buckles. Please post any Brass SA buckles with the mobile Swastika. There are lots

Default Re: SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika

New addition with less common roundel design on an earlier Imperial or Weimar box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika
    P
    Many

Recent addition with earlier style brazed prongs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

Interest new add .

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile SwastikaSA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

would this one have been silver roundel at one time or does it appear as issued?
    Thanks
    Joe C

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

?

Hi Ben,
    On the scrounge for info. again but just a quickie this time ! Should all brass plated steel SA buckles be viewed with suspicion ? Many thanks for your thoughts --- a super forum as always !!

Regds

Philw

Phil

Welcome to the forum, with most SA buckles being brass or nickel over brass I would eye steel buckles with suspicion, or mate post on here or trawl through the threads, I think most types of SA buckles are on here
    Ben

Quote by philw View Post
    Hi Ben,
    On the scrounge for info. again but just a quickie this time ! Should all brass plated steel SA buckles be viewed with suspicion ? Many thanks for your thoughts --- a super forum as always !!

Regds

Philw
    Hello definitiv no ! I know some in brass over stell or nickel over steel .......
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Hi All,

I agree with Markus, these can be quite legitimate and a very rare SA variant. I hold these two by Overhoff. Of course there are also the nickel-plated steel variety.

Best,
    Adam

SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika   SA Buckles (Brass) Mobile Swastika  

Gents if read what I said is to "eye them with suspicion" so in other words be careful of what you are looking at, I have not said they are bad!
    Ben

Point taken there, Herr Evans I must say, I'm not sure I've ever come across a brass-over-steel fake/repro or even one that I would find questionable. Are there examples out there? The only brass/steel SA I have ever seen are my two examples and one that I passed-on to our mutual good friend in Bahrain. Perhaps I'm just a bit ignorant having had the good fortune of dodging a certain bad buckle breed?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast