Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika

Article about: Kirby Thankyou for adding to this particular SA data base and of course, welcome to the forum. Regards, David

Default SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika

Hi guys, as a forum we have agreed to to start various fixed threads on the vast array SA (Sturm Abteilung) buckles. Please post any Brass and Nickel SA buckles with the Upright Swastika. There are lots of variations of this buckle so this should be a great thread to look at and invaluable for the SA collector. I know Rob Lachance and David North are avid SA collectors so it looks promising, get posting
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika

Here we go !

Awesome buckles. Not easy to find!!! Here's my example.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika  SA Buckles (Brass and Nickel) Upright Swastika 

I've been collecting for 30yrs and have never seen a buckle like this. I've only had SA buckles with the regular tilted Swastika and the "Sunwheel swastika". Considering that the SS buckle has an upright swastika as well, is this some type of transitional version? I'm dying to know more about this version of buckle (history,organization,current value etc)...Thanks in advance guys! Glenn

I've had my example for a long time.....can't quite remember the value on these but they are considerably more expensive then the sunwheel and rotated example buckles. I don't think this has any link with the SS and if my memory serves me correctly both this style and the rotated style buckles were introduced at the same time...but the horiz. swastika examples were not as numerous and didn't "take".
    I'm sure David has more info on these.....I'd love to get a refresher on it too!

Rob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast