Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Buckles x3

Article about: Here's the three I have. I believe they are the common garden variety.

Default SA Buckles x3

Here's the three I have. I believe they are the common garden variety.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckles x3
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    ...I believe they are the common garden variety...
    I personally would not say that. Three at this moment "middling" scarcity by roundel design, SA buckles.

The first one by Overhoff (and possibly the third one), as you know. When you have a moment, could you check if the first buckle is non magnetic or magnetic? If the latter, then quite rare and desirable to a focused SA buckle collector. For myself, the tantalising suggestion of a brass finish over a steel base, although this simply may be a trick of the digital image light. This buckles pin, pin shroud and claws are distracting, for the moment at least.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Cheers David, only the third buckle is magnetic which appears to have a replacement claw/pin.

It was I think worth a punt, however having said that and if magnetic, it would have been the first O & C with a sun wheel swastika that I have ever seen.

So, the third buckle that you posted has a magnetic box? With that in mind, then the same appraisal to this chap as then potentially to buckle number one applies (in my opinion).

Brass or whatever it is, over steel box SA buckles are I think, both rare and desirable.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I agree with David, three very desirable buckles, for me also number one and three are Overhoff made, from the eagle design and also on the first typical early Overhoff prongs.

The second buckle look at the pin head, there is a maker who used pin heads of that shaped and I cannot recall it at the moment, I am at work at the moment and will post pics later. There is one in the Turnerbund buckles section for sure.
    Ben

Found it, compare the pin heads to this Turnerbund buckle by J D Von Hagen

Tunnerbund by Unknown Maker
    Ben

Hello,

three nice buckles .

Second one is a Paul Cramer made buckle without marking .

Here to compare :

SA Buckles x3SA Buckles x3SA Buckles x3
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

All three are nice additions to your collection.

Quote by David North View Post
    It was I think worth a punt, however having said that and if magnetic, it would have been the first O & C with a sun wheel swastika that I have ever seen.

So, the third buckle that you posted has a magnetic box? With that in mind, then the same appraisal to this chap as then potentially to buckle number one applies (in my opinion).

Brass or whatever it is, over steel box SA buckles are I think, both rare and desirable.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    G'day David, sorry I retested the the third with a better magnet and is not magnetic

Thanks for all of your time & input guys, here's me thinking garden variety