Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I've shown this buckle I've been offered in another area of the forum and been advised it's a fake. I've just a query about it for future reference, and also to add to the general w

Default SA fake?

Hi guys,

I've shown this buckle I've been offered in another area of the forum and been advised it's a fake. I've just a query about it for future reference, and also to add to the general wealth of knowledge in here. Once that's done I'll move it into the fake area.

The buckle is a two piece brass/nickle with a straight winged eagle with rotated swastika. There appears to be a similar buckle in Angolia, page 182 and it also shows a gap in the lined area next to ropework at 8 o'clock, which has been pointed out as a clue to it's fakeness. Is that a faker in Jack Angolia's book?

Also, if you look at the attached pics the brass field appears to have worn off around the edges. Has anyone ever seen this before? I thought these buckles were made from solid sheet brass?

The rear looked ok to me, not the three fixing holes I was expecting for a fake, well ok apart from the wearing of the brass..

Many thanks, loving that I'm "doing the knowledge" on buckles...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA fake?   SA fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA fake?
    P
    Many

Hello,

i know this fake roundel with ever the same error on a cuple of variation belt cases .

Shud be no problem to solder a roundel on a real case ..........

Here ones more another fakes !

SA fake?SA fake?SA fake?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Cheers Markus, what do you think of the wear in the brass, showing white metal below? Is it actually painted brass colour?