Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?

Article about: Hey, guys. My buddy emailed me these photos of this sun wheel SA that he saw and liked and was curious what I thought. I think it adds up okay and looks pretty original. There are a couple v

Default SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?

Hey, guys. My buddy emailed me these photos of this sun wheel SA that he saw and liked and was curious what I thought. I think it adds up okay and looks pretty original. There are a couple very similar looking ones that David holds which are shown on page 3 of the sun wheel SA sticky.

Anyways, just curious to run this one by you guys and get your opinions. I like the looks of it and if original and my friend doesn't get it I was thinking I might take it.

Thanks for the help!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?   SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA w/Sun Wheel Swastika: Opinions?

No worries there.....it's an original buckle. More pics would be needed of the belt though for a fair assessment of the leather!

Cheers!

Rob

Adam, as Rob has so rightly said, no problems with your prospective SA.

Not the prettiest of SA's, although still quite interesting and easily recognisable by the flat bottom configuration to the oak leafs, embracing the sun wheel swastika.

There is however another SA which is jolly similar and yet quite different ! Here, a very distinct and unusual feature of a single formed, pin shroud and claws.

Regards,

David

Thanks for the replies, guys and I'll pass that info along. If I remember correctly, the buckle is displayed on a belt & cross strap but being sold by independently so a moot issue there. Indeed those are the two of your's that I thought it looked like, David. I agree, not the most aesthetically pleasing SA, but a design that I hadn't come across before.

Thanks for the help!
    Best,
    Adam