Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A small tribute to the SA buckle...

Article about: Although perhaps more accurately referred to as "NSDAP Jugend", here along side of his "big brother" SA is a recent 35mm addition.

Default Re: A small tribute to the SA buckle...

Although perhaps more accurately referred to as "NSDAP Jugend", here along side of his "big brother" SA is a recent 35mm addition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small tribute to the SA buckle...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A small tribute to the SA buckle...
    P
    Many

Hello,

what can we say .........

A lot of wunderful buckles !

Here another example of the Overhoff in nickel over steel :

A small tribute to the SA buckle...A small tribute to the SA buckle...
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks guys. Markus, as previously stated elsewhere, a very nice buckle and the "twin" Overhoff SA in nickel-over-steel. When viewing images, the key to differentiating between the nickel RZM M4/27 Overhoff SA and this scarcer nickel-over-steel variant is the brass/yellow appearing catch shown here...the former's catch being nickel silver in appearance. We do have, as discussed previously, the odd addition to your buckle of an original Overhoff tag but which declares the buckle brass (!)

Here is one more to add for now and a couple more to come in the next few days. The attached buckle is one I have never seen in this variant 1-piece form before, the design being most often encountered in 2-piece brass.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small tribute to the SA buckle...   A small tribute to the SA buckle...  

?

Some very nice and interesting buckles. That is one ugly bird on the buckle with the clipped prongs. Looks more like a chicken than an eagle. Has to be a very rare buckle. If I was a storm trooper I would have to make fun of any fellow trooper who would wear a buckle with that bird. Thanks for posting.

All the best

Kirby

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    A rare, bizarre design of eagle and a nickel-over-brass variant that I have never seen before. Note that the prongs have been shortened...likely a period repair.
    Adam, that is the first time I have seen that type of eagle or should I say chicken, mate Kirby is right, that is one strange biird lol, outstanding buckles BTW
    Ben

Hi All. Agreed...a very odd and chicken-like design. As I don't think he will mind and rather welcome the comparative image, here is a merge of the one from David's collection alongside mine. Aside from being a different variant, here we see the original full length prongs. Other than these two and the example shown in Angolia I have not seen others. A rare design of SA to be sure.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small tribute to the SA buckle...  

Attached here is the first of two more SA that arrived yesterday. This the 2nd of 3 variants (know to me at least) of this SA which is also shown in post #6. I will post the 3rd variant when it arrives...a fire gilded brass example in 1-piece construction of which I have not seen another.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small tribute to the SA buckle...   A small tribute to the SA buckle...  

The 2nd of the SA that arrived yesterday... Another unique design with this being the second example I have encountered (the other of which resides in David's immense and enviable collection.)

Here is a question ref the SA buckle in ref to the swastika, when I first started collecting buckles I was told the position of the swastika was in relation to the pattern, ie 1st pattern, second and third. I have also heard about sub units within the SA determines which buckle you would wear and also what position you would hold within the SA would also depend on which pattern buckle you could hold. Has anything come to light in ref to this matter? I suppose in the long life of the SA 1951 to 41 I believe many changes were adopted because of the war situation, personalities etc. Anyone any thoughts or documentation to shed any light on this?
    Ben

BTW Adam, that is the biggest eagle I have ever seen on a SA buckle!
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast