Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?

Article about: Hey, guys. I'd really like to get an SA buckle for my beginning collection and I recently saw these two selling for the same price (\\$75 USD). I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on these.

Exclamation Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?

Hey, guys. I'd really like to get an SA buckle for my beginning collection and I recently saw these two selling for the same price ($75 USD). I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on these. If I understand correctly from the reverse, the first buckle is an early design(?), the second a later one. Taking into account condition and design, is one of these a better purchase than the other? I like them both!

Any opinions are great :-)

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?   Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?  

Attached Images Attached Images Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?  Two SA Buckles: One better than the other? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?

Sorry, it is the 2nd buckle below that I believe is the earlier design...

Best,
    Adam

Adam

As having been mentioned before within the forum, nobody (and especially the reference books), can be absolutely sure when the SA box buckle was first introduced and worn.

Both the buckles that you have shown are super examples and at what I think are most reasonable prices.

There are sometimes clues as to the chronological order of SA buckles and if I had to take a guess, I would be inclined to agree with you about which buckle is the slightly older.

In addition, the second SA has a design of eagle and swastika which is slightly more difficult to find than the first one.

An excellent brace that would make a super start to an SA collection.

Regards,

David

why not buy them both???....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    why not buy them both???....
    I like your way of thinking!

Rob

Exclamation Re: Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I might get both since $75 is very reasonable. I have seen single ones of these selling for over $100 so it's probably a good deal. The seller emailed me these pictures of another buckle he is selling for $90. What do you guys think of this one? It looks good and nice to me. He apologized for this SA cap eagle (looks good too...) being in the pictures he had to send...I guess he was trying to sell them together at one point.

Thanks again for the help and advice!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?   Two SA Buckles: One better than the other?  

Adam

It is perhaps silly of us to suggest that one SA buckle is "better" than another. If however I had to chose one from the three that you have now shown, the last one is I think in a quite different league. The design by the eagle and swastika is and in my opinion very hard to find.

You now have images of three great buckles from the same seller and the trio would of course be a super foundation and start for an SA collection.

Regards,

David