Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ultra Rare St. u L. SA!

Article about: Without the permission of Adam, I have extracted some images that he so generously posted on a "sticky" SA thread. Ultra rare markings for a Steinhauer und Lück, (Lüdenscheid) SA b

Default Ultra Rare St. u L. SA!

Without the permission of Adam, I have extracted some images that he so generously posted on a "sticky" SA thread.

Ultra rare markings for a Steinhauer und Lück, (Lüdenscheid) SA buckle.

Perhaps this buckle is often seen with UE stampings, however the fully descriptive St. & L. is much less so. A very rare SA buckle by the markings in my opinion, one which deserves a very special attention and viewing.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ultra Rare St. u L. SA!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ultra Rare St. u L. SA!

Thank you, David for starting this thread and for the comments on this more recent acquisition of mine. Of course, feel to extract anytime

For me these are very aesthetically pleasing buckles. In addition to your kindly advising me that these are rare markings on my buckle, the presence of multiple markings always seems to interest me. I think it is interesting that the RZM and SuL logo are additionally present and yet partly obscured by the striking. To my eyes this would indicate that the box of the buckle was at least given these two markings prior to the striking. I’m curious which of these would usually come first in production, the maker marking or the striking, or if there was even a “prescribed” order.

As David has also mentioned to me, when seen these buckles always seem in fairly good condition as though there might be a reason for this and story behind them. I must admit, though that at the moment I am not able to form a real speculation.

Thanks again, David and I’ll be very curious if anyone else has thoughts on these buckles.

Best,
    Adam

I have always coveted ST&L buckles, to me they are quite hard to get hold of whatever branch of the military you are after!
    Ben

Very nice buckle David, I never seen this kind of stamping before.
    Best,
    Sascha