Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger

Article about: Hi, I'd appreciate some helpful comments. I believe this dagger is real. Any other information, such as what the markings mean would be greatly appreciated. Nick

?

Default SA Dagger

Hi,

I'd appreciate some helpful comments. I believe this dagger is real. Any other information, such as what the markings mean would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

SA DaggerSA DaggerSA DaggerSA DaggerSA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger
    P
    Many

I like what I see so far, but could we see some photos with a bit more Light on it? The numbers on the top sheath fittings are likely the owners membership number. From what I see, it looks like a very nice Puma SA.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Nick, looks good to me too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Nick this is a Mid period transitional dagger.....made between the years 1936-38. During this period..those producers who have received their RZM permit..made daggers with their original logo and their RZM identity number.
    Early produced daggers which shown exceptional craftmanship..used only their company logo.

By 1939..was the end of all use of logos..and the sole identity being reduced to a number. Your Mid period example still shows the decent quality of the early times..except that now the fittings are plated and the scabbard was painted instead of being anodized.

William is correct as the number on the upper scabbard fitting..is the owners SA number and regiment..unfortunately a SA service list bearing these numbers and names has not surfaced. Many SA daggers of all periods bear this.

Better photos would be better minus any direct flash...and out side on an over cast day or indirect lighting inside. The grip looks like a real beauty..judging by the wood that was used during the mid period and would like to see this dagger in its glory under better lighting. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thread moved to SA forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not the best pictures to judge from but I think the grip looks great. It looks to fit real nice on both upper and lower crossguard.

Cheers,
    Jonas

?

Thank you very much, everyone!

Nick

?

Nice transitional Puma dagger, would like to see some better pics thou....

Ger