MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code

Article about: Hi, I have been offered a SA-dagger with this RZM makers code - is it okay(original)? More picture of the dagger will be posted, but for now I need thoughts regarding the makers code. Regard

Quote by Replace View Post
    Looks like this one is not, an easy one.
    ...are we saying - possible fake/repro?

No Not saying that..........just these are my observations is what Im saying. I dont know a whole lot of these "period" marked daggers ...and I have seen them in circulation..as most other SA Collectors..and yes they are offered for sale by many dealers and also private buys.

I was more trying to generate a discussion about this type of etching / application practice..as only a handful of Producers used this practice with their RZM daggers. These types are deemed by some as " contentious " and have only appeared on the market after 1980. With that ..these " dotted " RZM numbers..tend to make us turn our heads sideways in confusion..as seeing something that is out of the norm.

This is the " Grey " area that requires a bit more study ...to confirm and to compare with other examples. Is this dagger fake? No..Im not saying that...but I want collectors to be objective and aggressive in their studies..not just stopping and being satisfied because seasoned collectors said it was good..which all that is true 99% of the time.
    Yet for ourselves ..just to re-enforce what we have heard by others and through our own study..which will bring greater satisfaction. Thats the point Im trying to make.

I like stirring the pot on this forum..and will ask certain questions on purpose ..and some silly..to get minds moving ,.instead of being a droll .."Is it real or fake " forum and the erection has not barely risen in interest. The Heer dagger / Railway dagger thread is one example of 2 commonly seen in detail daggers of the near same fittings.
    The Myth about Black gripped daggers..being funeral daggers..were finally debunked..by aggressive research..which led to the truth of these grips being originally painted white ...in some cases.
    As is this thread about the RZM "Dots"

Repro? Not sure... an opportunity to delve deeper in study?..Absolutely Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts - regarding this RZM M7/62/40 makers code
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2