MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aesculap SA dagger: What do you think

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently bought this SA Dagger at a local militaria show/sale, I paid 0 Cdn for it. What do you think? I probably could have wheeled and dealed for a better price but I had

?

Default Aesculap SA dagger: What do you think

Hello everyone, I recently bought this SA Dagger at a local militaria show/sale, I paid $500 Cdn for it. What do you think? I probably could have wheeled and dealed for a better price but I had less experienced in this world of militaria. Live and learn I guess. He also said it had been cleaned at some point. Thanks in advance for reading this email.Aesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you thinkAesculap SA dagger: What do you think

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aesculap SA dagger: What do you think
    P
    Many

?

I meant $500 CDN...lol

The first thing you are going to be asked by the people that know about such things is.... BETTER PICTURES PLEASE!

Due to massive light flash..the dagger is difficult to discern in any detail...and appears also to be over cleaned. The grip wood does not appear also to be the Aesculap dark wood type. cant see the SA gruppe mark. With all this extra light..i would say this is a parts dagger at best.

Could you provide less light photos no flash outside preferably..over cast day..or inside the home with indirect lighting. With that..we may be able to see what you really have. The scabbard is definitely late period.

Where in Philly are you? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

hey Larry, I don't live in philly it's my nickname. Thanks for your opinion and I'll try to take better pics.

Hi Philly..no disrespect intended Looking forward to the pics. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

none taken Larry. guess I should have put a lol in there, lol

?

With pics like this i need my fortune teller globe
    It say's......its belonged to an overactive housewife with an obsessive cleaning fobia.
    She even cleaned/rubbed the grip so hard and long that the Aesculap typical lacquer has been totally removed, so her husband gave it a new layer himself....
    The rest is blurred....over exposered light even makes my globe blush..

Ger

Sorry but not liking this one.
    Blade to CG fit is suspect, RZM scabbard, Buffed blade, Normally this maker has lacquered grips.
    Even with those pics I would run away from this one.
    Here's a peek at a textbook example, hope it helps.
    http://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/SA-7467d.jpg
    Buying these things at shows can be difficult at best. Lots of crap gets pawned off.

?

Thank you so much. I'm going 2 keep this as a reminder to be careful. Thanks again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast