Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

Article about: hello friends, please for advice of more experienced collectors whether is this dagger a complete original? Personally, I do not like crossguards in position with the handle in advance thank

?

Default anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

hello friends, please for advice of more experienced collectors whether is this dagger a complete original? Personally, I do not like crossguards in position with the handle in advance thank you for advice and information anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939
    P
    Many

Parted dagger mixed time periods

Leather washer never happened on SA daggers and the recent grind marks where the lower guard meets the grip ,further devalues it.
    Save your money.
    Please compare with other Mid period examples of material usage.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was going to say I believe the blade to be bad. The logo and date stamping seem off centered and there are many noticeable differences compared to one sold by Lakeside Trader.

Photo from LST site

anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

Link to LST example

Transitional NSKK Dagger by Anton Wingen | Lakesidetrader

Best regards

Brian

?

anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939 thanks guys for advice I certainly will not buy, I found this here but again I do not seem an eagle, how about it?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Please compare with other Mid period examples of material usage.
    How about it ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I found these logos on other daggers, they seem to be the same as in my example

I cannot speak to the logos you posted one of which looks to be an example seen on germandaggers.com. For me the off centered logo, irregular shaped numbers, and soft detail (shapes) on the knights armor is a giveaway. If you read the LST description these blades with transitional markings were only produced for one year 1939, so for there to be a variant with a different set of markings seems extremely unlikely. As for the second dagger posted, better pics would be needed of the blade. At the very least it had been messed with in some fashion, look at the chipping of the wood around the eagle on the handle. Best regards.

Brian

anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

?

yes brian you are right thank you for your information. and yes the picture is from german daggers, is GD bad for information?

It's not a terrible site for reference. There is some information on there that's sketchy especially in the armband photo gallery. Just for further information I was able to find other variants of the transitional marked blades with similar styles to the OP, however they are from different years. I still think the logo being off center is a sure sign of poor quality and wouldn't be found on period blades jmo. Images are from Johnson's reference book and Wittman militaria.

?

I got more pictures of this dagger, now I think it should be original. What do you think?anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939 anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939anton wigen RZM M 7/51 1939

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast