Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

August Merten Mw. SA

Article about: Not a whole lot on these here. Just got one. Sadly missing the cross guards and nut. Sharpened. Nice anodized scabbard. A few small chips in the finish, small dent in the bottom of the scabb

Default August Merten Mw. SA

Not a whole lot on these here. Just got one. Sadly missing the cross guards and nut. Sharpened. Nice anodized scabbard. A few small chips in the finish, small dent in the bottom of the scabbard ball and a small crack in the wood. What do you guys think? Should I bother getting any old cross guards or look for the "right" ones? Which ones are the "right" ones? Is there a relative rarity chart other than the one I have for sale at the moment of SA daggers? Anyone highly interested in this project? I'm way more interested in other aspects of this hobby. Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement August Merten Mw. SA
    P
    Many

Hi Doug....piecing one of these early Producers together especially this one producer..would be like piecing together a Dusenberg ( see pic below )
    I Dont think that would be worth the time and effort to piece one of these together..which the value of the parts may exceed the total worth of the dagger. Just my opinion

August Merten Mw. SA

A great point of reference would be this thread seen here..as this producer is quite difficult to find it the great condition seen in WRF member Gerrits thread.

Latest Catch early SA Dienstdolch Aug. Merten .

A request please Doug..although you have an incomplete dagger...as I strive to have threads on this forum..with some type of photographic content for the readers and myself also. Please post any photos of what you have for references reasons..and avoiding this thread to be closed for lack of content. The goal here is no matter what you have and in no matter of condition or incompletion is to teach. Any contributions are all warranted . Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill