Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Eickhorn Ground Röhm

Article about: Hi All, I wanted to share some photos of a Carl Eickhorn Ground Röhm M1933 service dagger I picked up. It has what I believe is a characteristic Eickhorn double oval “Small Logo” with placem

Default Carl Eickhorn Ground Röhm

Hi All,

I wanted to share some photos of a Carl Eickhorn Ground Röhm M1933 service dagger I picked up. It has what I believe is a characteristic Eickhorn double oval “Small Logo” with placement typical of the ground Röhms and a “Ns” (Niedersachsen) Gau/Gruppe mark, which I also believe is a known code for these daggers. The fittings all seem to be solid nickel and come together nicely, and the scabbard appears to be anodized to me, and thus of the right period. Although it has some pitting on the blade, it seems like an original, authentic piece to the best of my knowledge. Any thoughts on its authenticity or anything I've missed though?

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eickhorn Ground Röhm
    P
    Many

Text Book Gr Rohm ...you didnt miss a thing Chris
    Some moisture marks left by the runners on the blade..yet over all the details are correct for an Early Eickhorn.
    The crossguards internally will be marked HE or sometimes subcontracted AR.

I just picked one of these up 2 days ago myself with the same wood graining and serrated tail squirrel logo.
    Your example is untouched but a little salty.
    If you look close enough you may e able to find a few depressed areas on the blade that may have shown where the inscription or parts of it once were.
    Nice find !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks, Larry. Glad to hear I wasn't far off on my assessment of it! I know that some of these were factory ground and others were ground by the individual owners. Given that the Eickhorn logo is in pretty good condition, I had assumed this may be a factory ground example, but wasn't sure if there were any other means to indicate that one way or another. Do you have any insight into that aspect? For factory ground examples, were these typically daggers that had already been made but not distributed that they ground before sale, or were these typically daggers that the owners brought back in for them to grind down?

Thanks again!

Chris

If this were a factory regrind the blade would have a nice regrain to it...but a little more coarse than an original fine crossgrain.
    Some producers did perform finer regrains.

Your example shows some rough areas and a course grind that leads me to think it was performed by the SA man himself.
    and yes there were instances where the SA man did return his dagger to be professional regrained.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Nice dagger. Noticed the grain on the backside of the grip as well. Like it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation, Larry.

MAP - Yes, the grain on the back of the grip is quite nice. Thanks!

Chris

?

Nice addition. I posted one like this a couple of weeks ago. Sw marked and a factory ground blade.