Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch

Article about: RZM M 7/91 Carl Spitzer Dagger. I think this dagger is a very nice one. With my untrained eyes I don't see anything wrong with it, but I would like to know if I'm missing something. Greg

bdc
    ?

Default Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch

RZM M 7/91 Carl Spitzer Dagger. I think this dagger is a very nice one. With my untrained eyes I don't see anything wrong with it, but I would like to know if I'm missing something. Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch   Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch  

Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch   Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch  

Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch   Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

To me it looks like the eagle was taken out and/or replaced again. Larry will know exactly what happened here.

bdc
    ?

Thank you Spencer for expressing your concerns. I had them too. I'm sure you'll understand when I say that I hope it turns out you're being overly cautious. In the end the truth is always best though, isn't it? Better to know.

Greg

?

Larry should chime in. He might be busy today, But normally makes his rounds.
    It does look really nice, The blade has some nice cross grains. But I also have an untrained eye. But wondering about not seeing a Gruppe mark on the lower cross guard.
    SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers
    So wait for some experts to chime in.

I just did a Bing search for Carl Spitzer RZM SA Dienstdolchfor and there were your pic's posted 8 hours ago.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The eagle may have been replaced due to the pick marks seen on the left side. The fit itself with the eagle being somewhat raised above the grip is common with late period shove it out the door type production.

I feel the attempt to remove it was stopped..or there would of been more damage. The prongs that go through the wood and into the tang channel are bent along side the wood inside once the blade was inserted into the grip. They dont come out that easy without doing alot of external damage. The grip eagle is period.

I see no other issues with it.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

bdc
    ?

Thank you Phil and Larry, I very much appreciate it when someone takes their time to share their knowledge with me. I'm at the point where I've learned to know what to look for in many cases, but not necessarily how to interpret what I see. I think that's the stage where you really can get yourself in trouble.
    Greg

?

Good Deal. I'm glad this had a happy ending. You got yourself a very nice SA setup. The hanger's condition matches the dagger. Semper Fi. Phil