Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

danger sa orginal?

Article about: Please opinions

And with the swish of a silken cape he was gone........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement danger sa  orginal?
    P
    Many

I myself would like to see a close up of the etch .
    Below are 2 SS RZM Codes from the same maker Gebr. Chrisitian. the layout is the RZM logo..beneath that the control number "1" ...below that the added SS contract number ( Complments of the GDC forum )

danger sa  orginal?

I would say this horizontal variant does exist as also seen from esteemed WRF member John Degens website.
    Having the number "1" number puts it in the category of the RZM dagger earlies. I would like to know from another esteemed Member Wim Saris..since the RZM control was so strict why some of these codes were seen horizontely applicated?

Would the RZM say such things as .." Ok..here is your code..just stick it on there " A rarity this SA RZM code. More thoughts and opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry , it could be that these were some of the first batch of blades etched , then , having been seen to look a bit lop sided and uneven , had the format changed to what is now known as the norm . Just my thoughts on it .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I myself would like to see a close up of the etch .
    Below are 2 SS RZM Codes from the same maker Gebr. Chrisitian. the layout is the RZM logo..beneath that the control number "1" ...below that the added SS contract number ( Complments of the GDC forum )

danger sa  orginal?

I would say this horizontal variant does exist as also seen from esteemed WRF member John Degens website.
    Having the number "1" number puts it in the category of the RZM dagger earlies. I would like to know from another esteemed Member Wim Saris..since the RZM control was so strict why some of these codes were seen horizontely applicated?

Would the RZM say such things as .." Ok..here is your code..just stick it on there " A rarity this SA RZM code. More thoughts and opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    This first thing i noticed was the angle of the legs of the M
    The SS codes both have a that straight M, why is that for the SA daggers Code different?
    That its been published on a site doesnt make it legit.
    Why would that be granted by the RZM? and why do all these blades have that typical "altered" look

Ger
    danger sa  orginal?

"Why would that be granted by the RZM? and why do all these blades has that typical "altered" look?" Cause they're junk...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    "Why would that be granted by the RZM? and why do all these blades has that typical "altered" look?" Cause they're junk...

Any Proof Please ?

Easy to say something is Junk but it needs to be backed up imo.

About the only proof that I would need for myself is that I don't like it. The appearance of it looks artificially aged-especially so the blade and guard. To me, it looks like the blade had been deliberately allowed to rust and then thoroughly cleaned-leaving a dull and pitted finish to simulate aging. The etching of the makers mark looks crudely done and, as said, while the overall condition of it looks to be hard handled, the sheath, grip wood and hanger looks almost minty. A heavily cleaned blade with pitting and yet the sheath remains shiny and chip free paint and not a knock or handling stain to the grip wood with an apparently unused hanger? That alone turns it off for me. SA men habitually walked about with their hands on their dagger grips-this one shows no hand contact at all. The grip looks like it just came straight out of the parts bin.

Over the years, I've probably owned maybe 100 SA or more and handled God only knows how many more. I know what I like to see and what I don't, and I don't like this piece and the other 2 in the group as well. I don't see how the contrasting appearances of the parts can be reasonably explained. I wouldn't own or recommend any of them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok cool down Guys...if it wast for the photos in the first post..there would be no thread..so we are already off to a great start..and everyone is allowed their opinions and thoughts no doubt.............. yet it is preferred if at all possible that comparative photos similar of the same producer be used to determine authenticity.

No Guide books exist and period found examples are the only source of truth.

@ William - Out of 4 posts already made ..I like your post 17

Today is July 4th Gents enjoy the day and the meaning.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

off topic:

4th of July, enjoy the day and the meaning, like Larry C says!

danger sa  orginal?

?

Another for comparison NSKK: NSKK Dagger by "RZM M7/1/38" with Hanger

Another SA : Stewart's Military Antiques - - German WWII SA Dagger Restoration Project M7/1/38 - $325.00

Another SA but salty : ??????????? ???????

All aged fakes ?, i do not think so.......

Happy 4th July US members

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast