Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?

Article about: This was supposedly picked up "straight from the vet's son", and doesn't look to me like it's been taken apart a dozen times etc... The Ns Gau seems to be correct for this dagger f

Default Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?

This was supposedly picked up "straight from the vet's son", and doesn't look to me like it's been taken apart a dozen times etc... The Ns Gau seems to be correct for this dagger from the research I've done. Nickel fittings, looks ok to me. The pics I got are fairly decent, I'm liking this one. I've only seen one other posted, where they claimed it was from 1934, is this correct, this early?

Some age darkening to the blade, the ball is a little bit squished on the scabbard, little things I can live with I think.

This one is supposed to be a 6/10 on the rarity scale?

Heidelberg beer bottle logo is cool, Ja? ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?
    P
    Many

?

The blade appears to be way "over cooked", friend. That immediately drags everything else down on the entire dagger, regardless.

It is real. But as JR has said the blade may have been over cleaned.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

You mean highly polished by someone or?

I'm not sure about the blade, the first set of pics was way overlit and the handle fitting glowed like they'd just been polished, but in the second batch of pics, the fitting in fact look quite dull and I can see a decent amount of crossgraining, so I'm thinking it might be ok?

I'll try to get a couple new pics of the blade. Like I said, earlier pics of the handle and fittings looked ten times shinier than the last set.

In this one pic from the second less overlit series, I can see decent crossgraining as well as sliding marks from going in the scabbard, which led me to believe that it was not as overpolished as it looked in the first set of pics.

Here's three more where you can see the crossgraining, not bad for a guy with an iPhone...

Seller claims to have done nothing to it, has a vets name attached to it.

I'll have to ask what it is.

Dumb question here, but why do some SA daggers have the Alles Fur Deutschland inscription all in black? Where they all originally in black, were the letters filled in with paint?

It has also blade eating cancer. not related to finger prints sunk into the steel by mishandling..but something within the steel that seems to surface having something to do with Moisture. Below is a photo of a metamorphosis that happened within a months time. I can not explain why this happens..but this type of degradation moves quickly if not attended to or forgotten. The end result..pock marks in the steel.

Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct? Does this Carl Heidelberg SA Dienstdolch look 100% correct?

One of the main reasons why stress to check our blades regularly and the environment they reside in.

The blade above comes from a not so encountered SA producer WKC. The blades that this producer had were retreads per `se coming from past Rohm Inscripition blades and an applied WKC Knights head logo.

I only address the cancer issue as it can strike any producer at any given time. Simi chrome will remove that blackening and stop the cancer..but the pock marks seen above will already have been laid into the steel....and will not get any larger once removed.

Other than that..the blade on the Carl Heidelburg does have some present graining left..yet appears to be over cleaned. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The mottos were etched on. As said, it appears that
    this blade has been rather heavily cleaned - which
    has removed the darkening from the etching
    process - likely to remove most of the
    spider web rust.

It is what it is - condition is not all bad. Some people
    think though, that they have hit the jackpot with
    their super rare trophy, but the blade condition
    affects the value. If you like it, I hope you
    get it for a respectable price.........
    Regards,

Steve.