Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Early Haenel Dagger

Article about: Gentlemen, Let me show you my latest SA Dagger. It's my first SA Dagger from the non-Solingen-makers. The blade has some small issues, and the wood also has some small issues, but overall th

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Beautiful Dolch and that must be one of the rarer makers. Thanks for posting!
    "Arms and Bicycle factory", now there's a twist.
    What about BSA!....

Great looking dagger BTW!....

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

For comparison..a Lakesidetrader offering of a JP Sauer & Sohn...on this example..the lower crossguard step is barely but a breath ...basically the grip is almost sitting on top of a flat guard...definitely love these. Below is a side by side comparison of all 3 Suhl types......Chris76 Haenel.........Lakesidetrader JP Sauer......and a close up of a Kober.

I have seen each of these makers..use some of the lowest steps..interchangeable each other..and IMO all 3 must of relied on each other for production orders. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	665158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA-10916d.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	665159  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbr9.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	665160  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wonderful example! The 'small issues' only add character IMO

Beautiful trio Larry. Thanks for the comparison pics! Always nice to see the early Suhl SA craftsmanship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12