Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

early SA Dagger with inscription on scabbard.

Article about: I may be wrong but is not usual to find nickel fittongs and gau mark on a rzm marked dagger...isn t it?

?

Default early SA Dagger with inscription on scabbard.

SA dagger belonging to a friend has a an inscription reading, "truppenfuhrer" on the scabbard fitting. The lower cross guard has the Gruppe mark "wf" for Westfalia. There's a date inscribed is " 11/6/34". Could this be researched at all, by any chance? I was trying to look up this date for historical significance but was having trouble. Who was the truppenfuhrer for Westfalia during this date? Thanks guys....and better pics are coming soon. He just sent this one.....I know.
    Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early SA Dagger with inscription on scabbard.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SA Dagger with inscription on scabbard.
    P
    Many

?

Right after the Night of the Long Knives. Thats all i have come up with date wise. Could be something that means something only to the original owner.

?

Could be.. I inspected the blade in hand and it didn't have any Rohm or ground down inscriptions.

?

I can't help you with the inscription, but I think I know what killed the shark.

I doubt this could be researched. So many records at such a small level are lost.

But I like the look of the dagger so far.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The date could be his promotion date, sign up date, or any number of smaller and more obscure events in his life known only to him now. Maybe the first Jewish shop he ransacked date...? Not really something that is able to be researched all that much.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Impressive amount of laqeur left on the grip...who is the producer Dean? The inscription could be a promotion date?...who knows.

The SA Gruppe "Wf" is very common with most makers. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Truppenführer is not an expression used usually within the SA, just Truppführer.
    I cannot find a promotion for the mentioned date for Westfalen. It was not published
    in any of the available Führerbefehle (in which promotions were announced) from
    about that period.

?

Like the look of the blade so far.

?

Thank you all for your help, based solely on this terrible photo and a small amount of info. When I talk to the owner of this dagger, I will get better and more images and info.

I can't remember the maker off hand, but I may have it written down somewhere. I'll add any extra info when the time permits. Thanks again,
    Dean

-Update-
    Here we go,
    SA dagger, Gruppe marked, "wf" ( Westfalen ), maker marked, RZM M7/13 (Arthur Schuttelhofer & Co., Solingen-Wald) .
    The dagger is completely untouched since my friend acquired it at the age of twelve (1960's). Great nickel crossgaurds with patina. The lacquer is original to the piece, as far as I know. He claims he's never disassembled it, which I noticed. The grip has crisp lines and the Adler is very defined and detailed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast