Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch

Article about: There were 200 of these Rohm daggers originally given by Rohm to his early best buddies. I am not aware of any that survived unground. They were either made by Pack or Eickhorn. This is a Pa

Default Early "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch

There were 200 of these Rohm daggers originally given by Rohm to his early best buddies. I am not aware of any that survived unground. They were either made by Pack or Eickhorn. This is a Pack I have had for a long while. The motto has an "A' instead of the later "U".

MarkEarly "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch
    P
    Many

Default re: Early "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch

This was the lot that when the 1933 SA em made its first appearance in Dec, 1933,, was deemed the "Christmas dagger" which was given to the High leaders of the SA. The first was with the early style short winged SA eagle on the grip and then afterwards the standard winged eagle. In 1934 the Font changed to what is seen today. ...What eagle is on your grip Mark? Regards Larry

Larry, mine has the later standard winged eagle.

Mark

Your still fortunate to have this as this is a High $$ item,,, hang onto it. It would make for a great display comparison ,, no doubt! Larry

?

Interesting piece!

?

Default Re: Early "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    There were 200 of these Rohm daggers originally given by Rohm to his early best buddies. I am not aware of any that survived unground. They were either made by Pack or Eickhorn. This is a Pack I have had for a long while. The motto has an "A' instead of the later "U".
    MarkEarly "A" SA ground Rohm Ehrendolch
    Dear Kingtiger. Very interesting where you found quantity owner first issue dagger -200? Maybe you can indicate me that. Now I am research any information about "Christmas" dagger(Small A dagger). Thanks for you help.
    Best regards Den.
    Last edited by den70; 06-11-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Hi Den, Nice to see you here...yes the Small "A" Motto is a hard find and expensive if found. Not many of these are around and I would have to say all of them are in collections. These Christmas daggers were the early of the earlies. Beginning production type. The first ones used the 1929 style eagle on the grip and went to the standard Grip eagle normally seen on all SA and SS daggers. To find a dagger with the 1929 type eagle in the grip is ultra rare,, but a better chance to find the standard eagle in the small "A" presentation type. Tom Johnsons large pictorial reference and Ralf Siegerts SA Reference will show these 2 types.....and awaiting Tom Wittmans massive SA reference coming out soon which will be addressed in its entirety. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

These blades or not only issued on the "Weihnachts Dolch"
    Daggers produced between december 1933 and februari 1934 ( about 7 weeks) can be issued with these blades but with the "new type" eagle.
    These are called the "Ubergangsmodell" you seem to have one of those rare modells
    Please post the rest of the dagger here also

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Early "A" SA ground Rohm EhrendolchGentlemen, Many Thanks for your answers. I know general information about these rarest daggers. I read all books, of course except unpublished SA book Witty. I am interesting, where found quantity owners who was awarded that daggers-200, in first post. It number like first editions Himmler dagger.
    Best regards Den.

?

The Rohm dagger came to live with the Decrete of 1444/34 and 1444/34 II.
    This happend at 3 febr. 1934.
    This was after the change of the A font,which happend in the middle of januar 1934, more then 3 weeks before.
    Therefore it is not possible to have a Ground Rohm with an early A in the Motto.

So IMO you either have a "Inbetween" type which is not a ground Rohm, and you text line is therefore not accurate.
    Or you have a blade that cant exist....

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast